Anonymous Guest

Please proof-read the following text.

Dear English gurus,

I have prepared the following memo for the History Club members in my junior high school. Kindly underline any grammatical errors ( if any ) .Should the text does not contain any grammatical error, leave it to its original content .

** As required by you the other day , I attach herewith a copy of the revised History syllabus for your perusal .This new syllabus has been discussed at length by all the members of the History Club.

Once it is approved by the Academic Board , this syllabus shall take its effect from November 2003 and shall continue to remain in force for the period of two years and thereafter, until it is superseded by a new curriculum .

It is my sincere hope that the new syllabus will be given due consideration by the Academic Board.

Should you require further clarification on any part of the curriculum , I would be very grateful to attend to your enquiry .

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once it is approved by the Academic Board , this syllabus shall take its effect from November 2003 and shall continue to remain in force for the period of two years and thereafter, until it is superseded by a new curriculum .
    Delete its. Change from to in. Delete continue to. Delete the period of. Change and thereafter to or.

That gives you:

• [list:88d1fec4b4]Once it is approved by the Academic Board this syllabus shall take effect in November 2003 and shall remain in force for two years or until it is superseded by a new curriculum

That's all for now. (It's my bedtime.)

:wink:[/list:u:88d1fec4b4]

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Historical note:

• The word proofread is a back-formation from proofreader.

:)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have prepared the following memo for the History Club members in my junior high school. Kindly underline any grammatical errors ( if any ) .Should the text does not contain any grammatical error, leave it to its original content .
    • I have prepared the following memo for the History Club members in my junior high school. Kindly underline any grammatical errors ( if any ) . If the text does not contain any grammatical errors leave it as is.

As required by you the other day , I attach herewith a copy of the revised History syllabus for your perusal .This new syllabus has been discussed at length by all the members of the History Club.
    Except for punctuation, that's fine.

It is my sincere hope that the new syllabus will be given due consideration by the Academic Board.
    That's fine.

Should you require further clarification on any part of the curriculum , I would be very grateful to attend to your enquiry .
    Replace on with of. Don't space before a comma or period.