Member Type
Student or Learner
[FONT=&quot]Hi[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am new on this forum, sorry if i offended any rules.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]William Shakespeare was an English poet and he is considered to be the greatest writer in the English language. In 1609, he published 154 sonnets. Even though, sonnets are about love, the thematic statement of the sonnet 42 , 73, 116 and 133 can be summarized to: in the search for love, [/FONT]encountering[FONT=&quot] obstacles is inevitable. Shakespeare uses metaphors and comparisons to illustrate this theme through these sonnets.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] In order to find true love, you must confront many obstacles for example in sonnet 42, Shakespeare talks about a love triangle between [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the speaker, his mistress and a young man. The speaker loves his mistress dearly but she is having an affair with a young man, “That thou hast her it is not all my grief”. As a result, the word loss appears many times in this sonnet. This repetition emphasizes the struggle that he go through in order to be with his lover. He has to choose between friendship and love. If he let go his friend, his mistress will win but on the other hand if he let go his lover, his friend will win. This love triangle is the main obstacle between the speaker and his lover. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Sonnets are always about love, Shakespeare’s sonnet 73 is no exception. In this sonnet, the English writer writes about aging and death. These elements can be an obstacle between him and his lover. For instance in the beginning of the sonnet, he uses the imagery of autumn to illustrate that he is not youth anymore. Later in the sonnet, the author uses a comparison of his aging to a sunset, “[/FONT]In me thou seest the twilight of such day/ As after sunset fadeth in the west” (lines 05-06).[FONT=&quot] In which the sunset represent death. We notice that the author had narrow down from aging to death. As result we know that the man in the sonnet will be dead in a very short time and he will be separated from his lover. Therefore aging and eventually death with be the main obstacle between him and his soul mate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Sonnet 116 talks about the most ideal love there is. A love that is constant , strong and can’t be changed. William Shakespeare compares true love to the North Star since it is permanent and fix, “It is the star to every wandering bark”. In a relationship you may encounter turbulences but if the two people are in true love they will overcome them because nothing tear two lovers apart not even a third party. Therefore every relationship will be facing an obstacle at some point, but if there is true love present nothing can change that.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sometime love enslaves. The man in the Sonnet 133 is under the spell of a woman. Furthermore his friends is also attract by this woman, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Is’t not enough to torture me alone,But slave to slavery my sweet’st friend must be?”. If we analyze this sonnet closely, we notice that the speaker wants to keep everyone another away from his beloved which in this case it is he’s friend. At line 11, he wants to be the guard of his friend’, that means he does not want his lover to be in contact with another man. Certainly there is a[/FONT][FONT=&quot] threefold relationship between the three of them[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and the other man is the main obstacle that separates the narrator and his lover. Therefore encounter obstacles is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]inevitable in order to be with your beloved.[/FONT]

kacenka1987

Member Type
Student or Learner
William Shakespeare was an English poet and he is considered to be on of the greatest writers of the English language. In 1609, he published 154 sonnets. Although, these sonnets are about love, the thematic statement of the sonnet 42 , 73, 116 and 133 can be summarized in: [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] the search for love, encountering[FONT=&quot] obstacles is inevitable. Shakespeare uses metaphors and comparisons to illustrate this theme through these sonnets.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In order to find a true love, you must confront many obstacles for example in sonnet 42, Shakespeare talks about a love triangle between [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the speaker, his mistress and a young man. The speaker loves his mistress dearly but she is having an affair with a young man, “That thou hast her it is not all my grief”. As a result, the word loss appears many times in this sonnet. This repetition emphasizes the struggle that he goes through in order to be with his lover. He has to choose between friendship and love. If helet go his friend, his mistress would won but on the other hand if he let go his lover, his friend would won. This love triangle is the main obstacle between the speaker and his lover. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Sonnets are always about love, Shakespeare’s sonnet 73 is not an exception. In this sonnet, the English writer writes about aging and death. These elements can be an obstacle between him and his lover. For instance in the beginning of the sonnet, he uses the imagery of autumn to illustrate that he is not youth anymore. Later in the sonnet, the author uses a comparison of his aging to a sunset, “[/FONT]In me thou seest the twilight of such day/ As after sunset fadeth in the west” (lines 05-06).[FONT=&quot] In which the sunset represent death. We notice that the author had narrow down from aging to death. As a result we know that the man in this sonnet will be dead in a very short time and he will be separated from his lover. Therefore aging and eventually death with be the main obstacle between him and his soul mate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Sonnet 116 talks about the most ideal love there is(dont know what you want to say - but this does not make sense). A love that is constant , strong and can’t be changed. William Shakespeare compares true love to the North Star since it is permanent and fix, “It is the star to every wandering bark”. In a relationship you may encounter turbulences but if the two people are in true love , it will overcome them because nothing tear two lovers apart not even a third person. Therefore every relationship could face an obstacle at some point, but if there is a present of true love, nothing can be changed. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sometime love enslaves. The man in the Sonnet 133 is under the spell of a woman. Furthermore his friends are also attracted by this woman, " [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Is not enough to torture me alone, But slave to slavery my sweet’st friend must be?”. If we analyze this sonnet closely, we notice that the speaker wants to keep everyone [STRIKE]another [/STRIKE]away from his beloved which in this case [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] is his friend. At line 11, he wants to be the guard of his friend, which means he does not want his lover to be in contact with another man. Certainly there is a[/FONT][FONT=&quot] threefold relationship [STRIKE][FONT=&quot]between the three of them[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/STRIKE][/FONT][FONT=&quot]and the other man is the main obstacle who separates the narrator and his lover. Therefore encounter obstacles is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]inevitable in order to be with your beloved.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.