[Cover Letter] can someone please check my motivation letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lef_pap

Member Type
Student or Learner
[FONT=&quot]Dear Admissions Officer,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am writing to express my interest in applying for a Master’s Degree Programme at Maastricht University starting in February.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In September of 2010 I graduated from the Department of Economic Sciences of the School of Legal, Economics and Political Sciences of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, specialized in Financial Economics. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During my studies I had and still have an active role in my family’s business, which is a medium sized trading company that provides food service solutions to Ho.Re.Ca. clients in a small island complex in the southeastern part of Greece. While my studies were progressing I wanted to get familiarized with most of the aspects of a modern company. For that reason for every theoretical course I was being taught at university I was heading back at the family firm trying to observe how these theories actually work in a real life business environment. How they affect the decisions that a business has to take in order to overcome a problem such as logistics or marketing problem. And it was then that I realized, although the courses in my university were intense in theory, they were lacking in the practical application. Also it became clear to me that it is almost impossible for one person to gain the full extent of knowledge of how every single aspect of a modern business works. Furthermore, I realized that if I wanted to be considered of the best, I had to know how to integrate the theories I have acquired during my bachelor studies in a real business environment. Something my theoretical bachelor studies did not provide.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the above reasons, even before I graduated I started a research for an MSc programme that would allow me to get specialized in one aspect of business functions, also get an in depth sight and knowledge of this specific function. During my search for the MSc programme that suits my interests, it came to my attention your university. What is intriguing about your university is the teaching method of Problem-Based Learning that it is being used. It is one of the main reasons I was fascinated with School of Business along with the accreditation it received. Additionally the international background of a large portion of students creates a blend of many different cultures and ideas. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As a financial major, I developed excellent analytical skills and I strongly believe that I can contribute the most inside the learning groups. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Moreover, I look forward to interacting with the highly qualified, diverse students of your MSc program. I truly believe that I could both contribute and grow in this unique environment. From my experience as a student, employee and also employer, I have both developed strong team abilities and have seen the value and synergies of combining people with different backgrounds, knowledge, and experience levels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to thank you for considering my application. If I get accepted in the program, I am sure that I will acquire very solid tools that I will find very valuable during the rest of my professional life. I will work very hard in order to cease this opportunity, if it is given to me and enhance my knowledge[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any comments about structure or any kind of error would be very much appreciated.
[/FONT]

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Admissions Officer,

I am writing to express my interest in applying for a Master’s Degree Programme at Maastricht University starting in February.
In September [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] 2010 I graduated from the Department of Economic Sciences of the School of Legal, Economics and Political Sciences of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, specializing in Financial Economics.

During my studies I had and still have an active role in my family’s business, which is a medium sized trading company that provides food service solutions to Ho.Re.Ca.(Will the admissions officer understand this? I don't) clients in a small island complex in the southeastern part of Greece. While my studies were progressing I wanted to get familiarized with most of the aspects of a modern company. For that reason for every theoretical course I was being taught at university I was heading back at the family firm trying to observe how these theories actually work in a real life business environment, and how they affect the decisions that a business has to take in order to overcome a problem such as in logistics or marketing [STRIKE]problem[/STRIKE].

[STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] It was then that I realized, although the courses in my university were strong on theory, they were lacking in the practical application. Also it became clear to me that it is almost impossible for one person to gain the full extent of knowledge of how every single aspect of a modern business works. Furthermore, I realized that if I wanted to be considered among the best, I had to know how to integrate the theories I had acquired during my bachelor studies in a real business environment - something my theoretical bachelor studies did not provide.

For the above reasons, even before I graduated I started research for an MSc programme that would allow me to become specialized in one aspect of business functions, also get an in-depth insight into and knowledge of this specific function. During my search for the MSc programme that suits my interests, your university came to my attention. What is intriguing about your university is the teaching method of Problem-Based Learning that it is being used. It is one of the main reasons I was fascinated with the School of Business along with the accreditation it received. Additionally the international background of a large proportion of students creates a blend of many different cultures and ideas.

As a financial major, I developed excellent analytical skills and I strongly believe that I can contribute the most inside the learning groups. Moreover, I look forward to interacting with the highly qualified, diverse students of your MSc program. I truly believe that I could both contribute and grow in this unique environment. From my experience as a student, employee and also employer, I have developed both strong team abilities and have seen the value and synergies of combining people with different backgrounds, knowledge, and experience levels.

I would like to thank you for considering my application. If I am accepted into the program, I am sure that I will acquire very solid tools that I will find very valuable during the rest of my professional life. I will work very hard in order to seize this opportunity if it is given to me and enhance my knowledge.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.