Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
Who is to blame for poor attendances at football matches?

So just how many spectators will turn up on Saturday afternoon? In my opinion, probably not enough to keep the critics quiet. Regardless of how many do, the local community will get still get more than its fair share of critism for staying at home instead of supporting the local team and the stay-aways will plead poverty and be excused.

Although cost plays its part and is the reason for some supporters not attending, the major factor for most supporters is desire or lack of it.

Can you make it to the game on Saturday or do you not want to go to the game on Saturday? Ask yourself that question before the weekend arrives.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Who is to blame for poor attendance at football matches?

So just how many spectators will turn up on Saturday afternoon? In my opinion, probably not enough to keep the critics quiet. Regardless of how many do, the local community will get still get more than its fair share of criticism for staying at home instead of supporting the local team and the stay-aways will plead poverty and be excused.

Although cost plays its part and is the reason for some supporters not attending, the major factor for most supporters is desire or lack of it.

Can you make it to the game on Saturday or do you not want to go to the game on Saturday? Ask yourself that question before the weekend arrives.
What was the question?
:)

boozl

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
What was the question?

Thanks Ron Bee. I should have opened up with an answer to the question before giving my reasons.

How about;

In my opinion, the reason for poor attendences is in the minds of the people who don't turn up, but just how many spectators will be at the game on Saturday afternoon? Probably not enough to keep the critics quiet. Regardless of how many do, the local community will get still get more than its fair share of critism for staying at home instead of supporting the local team and the stay-aways will plead poverty and be excused.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Q: Why do people attend football games?
A: They have decided that the cost is justified by whatever it is they get out of attending the games.

Q: Why do people not attend football games?
A: They have decided that the cost of attending the game(s) is not justified by whatever it is they get out of the game(s).

(Note that the category is Ask a Teacher.)

Status
Not open for further replies.