Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I have eight days to write a biographical essay on Nelson Madela: The Legend of Our Times, and I'm so confused, and ashamed to admit that I've never written this type of essay before. I'm not asking for someone to help me write the entire essay, I just need someone to guide me out of this mind block that I'm in - I have so much of information about Nelson Mandela before me, but how do I organize myself and focus on the topic?

Can anyone give me a few tips on how to begin, please:?: I don't want to give up because I know I'm capable of completing this assignment, and I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I let this opportunity pass me by just because of mere laziness.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have eight days to write a biographical essay on Nelson Madela: The Legend of Our Times, and I'm so confused, and ashamed to admit that I've never written this type of essay before. I'm not asking for someone to help me write the entire essay, I just need someone to guide me out of this mind block that I'm in - I have so much of information about Nelson Mandela before me, but how do I organize myself and focus on the topic?

Can anyone give me a few tips on how to begin, please:?: I don't want to give up because I know I'm capable of completing this assignment, and I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I let this opportunity pass me by just because of mere laziness.
I can see how it might be difficult if you don't consider Mandela to be a Legend. Otherwise, it should be pretty straight forward.
If your essay is 1,000 words, write 100 words for each decade of his life, summarising the main points for that decade. Then put it together with an introduction and conclusion. It might not be fancy, but you will have finished it.

westportclan

Member Type
English Teacher
Nelson Mandela has achieved so much in his life, and there is so much information out there, that there should be no issue in creating an essay on this. It could be broken down into the different phases of his life ie. his time in prison, chasing his cause, achieving his cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.