Motivation Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

essence

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello, i must write a letter cover to apply for an Erasmus Program.
I would like to ask you to check it both its structure and content.
Thank you

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am XXX, the second year student of Advertising management at International school of law and business. I would like to apply for a Erasmus program for the 2010-2011 academic year.

One of the main reasons I want to study abroad is that this program will allow me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development by expanding my knowledge and widening my experience in a variety of academic disciplines. I consider it a challenge and an opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself.

Another reason for studying abroad is the optimal way to improve my English and to learn another language at the same time. There is no better and more effective way to learn a language than to be immersed in a culture that speaks the language you are learning. Language learning happens most quickly under these circumstances and of course is the opportunity to travel, allows you get to know another culture first-hand. Study abroad you the affords the opportunity to make friends around the world.

Talking academically, I have always been a very studious and motivated person, so I have always known that a degree at University or College will be a significant stepping-stone for my future career. I have always had clear goals. I am very communicative, due to I can easily make friends with majority of the people and receptive to innovation. My friends would say that I’m cheerful, optimistic, reliable and responsible person. Nevertheless, I am extremely active person, my interests include, Latin American dancing, snowboarding and traveling.

I can speak both Lithuanian and Russian languages fluently. Of course, I also know English, Polish and a little bit Spanish. Learning languages has given me a unique opportunity to communicate and understand foreign people and their cultures. So while studying abroad I would have a great opportunity to promote my culture and at the same time I will gain knowledge about cultural differences. I believe that studying abroad will benefited my character as well as my future career.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, essence.

Your letter is excellent.

If no-one suggests any minor refinements after this post bumps it back to the top of the board, you can confidently send it off as is.

Rover

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am XXX, a second year student of Advertising Management at The International School of Law and Business. I would like to apply for an Erasmus program for the 2010-2011 academic year.

One of the main reasons I want to study abroad is that this program will allow me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development by expanding my knowledge and widening my experience in a variety of academic disciplines. I consider it a challenge and an opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself.

Another reason for studying abroad is that it is the optimal way to improve my English and to learn another language at the same time. There is no better and more effective way to learn a language than to be immersed in a culture that speaks the language you are learning. Language learning happens most quickly under these circumstances and of course[STRIKE] is [/STRIKE] the opportunity to travel (delete comma) allows you to get to know another culture first-hand. Studying abroad affords you the opportunity to make friends around the world.

Speaking academically, I have always been a very studious and motivated person, so I have always known that a degree at university or College will be a significant stepping-stone for my future career. I have always had clear goals. I am very communicative, [STRIKE]due to[/STRIKE] I can easily make friends with most people and I am receptive to innovation. My friends would say that I’m a cheerful, optimistic, reliable and responsible person. [STRIKE]Nevertheless, [/STRIKE]I am an extremely active person; my interests include (delete comma) Latin American dancing, snowboarding and traveling.

I can speak both Lithuanian and Russian [STRIKE]languages[/STRIKE] fluently. Of course, I also know English, Polish and a little [STRIKE]bit[/STRIKE] Spanish. Learning languages has given me a unique opportunity to communicate and understand foreign people and their cultures. So while studying abroad I would have a great opportunity to promote my culture and at the same time I will gain knowledge about cultural differences. I believe that studying abroad will benefit[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] my character as well as my future career.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully

Status
Not open for further replies.