quepasaflaco is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Informal letter asking for advice.

Hi there! I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at this informal letter asking for advice and tell me what should I correct.

The situation is that I have some money problems and I've had to take another job. As a result of that, I've become a workaholic, eat only ready and have insomnia.

Here's the letter:

C/ Conde de Pallasar
    Santa Cruz de Tenerife

20th November 2010

Dear Miguel,

It's been a while since we wrote each other, so I thought I'd drop you a line. I'm writing to ask for your advice, because I'm going through some problems and I could really use some help.

I've been having money problems lately, so I've had to take another job to deal with them. The thing is that I've become a workaholic now. I work long hours, and even when I'm not at the office I can't stop thinking about work. I've to take work home every day and I'm getting so stressed because of this situation.
    The worst part of it is that all this "two jobs thing" is starting to affect both my eating and sleeping habits. As I barely have any free time during the day, and I'm really shattered when I get back home, the only food I eat are ready meals, cause they're fast to heat up and don't need to be cooked. Do you think it's unhealthy? What else can I do if I don't have the time to cook my own food?

The tiredness and stress I'm feeling have caused me insomnia. I always wake up in the middle of the night, just a couple of hours after going to bed, and I can't get back to sleep. This is making me feel more and more tired every day, and I'm thinking of taking sleeping pills. Should I visit a doctor first?

I'd better sign of now. I've got some work to do. Please let me know what you think I should do, I'd really appreciate it. Give my regards to your wife and kids. Looking forward to hear from you.

All the best,

Jose

----

Thanks in advance!

Rover_KE is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Informal letter asking for advice.

Welcome to the board.

As it's an informal letter to a friend, it's not all that important for it to be absolutely grammatically correct, which is probably why no-one's answered it yet.

It's actually very good, Jose, and if nobody else wants to alter anything, I'll come back later and suggest a few things to tidy it up.

Rover

Rover_KE is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been having money problems lately, so I've had to take another job to deal with them. The thing is that I've become a workaholic now. I work long hours, and even when I'm not at the office I can't stop thinking about work. I've to take work home every day and I'm getting so stressed because of this situation.
    The worst part of it is that all this "two jobs thing" is starting to affect both my eating and sleeping habits. As I barely have any free time during the day, and I'm really shattered when I get back home, the only food I eat is ready meals, because they're fast to heat up and don't need to be cooked. Do you think it's unhealthy? What else can I do if I don't have the time to cook my own food?

The tiredness and stress I'm feeling have caused me insomnia. I always wake up in the middle of the night, just a couple of hours after going to bed, and I can't get back to sleep. This is making me feel more and more tired every day, and I'm thinking of taking sleeping pills. Should I visit a doctor first?

I'd better sign off now. I've got some work to do. Please let me know what you think I should do, I'd really appreciate it. Give my regards to your wife and kids. Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Jose

quepasaflaco is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your help, Rover