statement of purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

roldy

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have a statement of purpose that I'm sending out to a graduate school and would like some feedback on it.

Since childhood I have always been driven to challenge myself. In elementary Science Olympiads I would choose projects that were probably overwhelming to me at the time. My thirst for new challenges continued on into middle school where I joined an after school math club that solved math riddles. In my high school drafting class I would pick the most complicated assembly drawings to re-create either on the board or on computer. My peers never understood why I did these things. As I’m about to start a new chapter in my life, I wish I could go back and tell my doubters that it was all in preparation for one thing.

Obtaining a master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering would be the best ending to a long road of schooling. Aerospace engineers work on exciting and challenging problems. Becoming an Aerospace Engineer would provide the exercise my mind has been longing for. Working with some of the brightest minds is another aspect of this field that I thoroughly look forward to. Setting all the personal gain and self-fulfillment aside, helping humanity through technological advancement is the main deciding factor. I would like to use all my being to give much more back, from which I will have taken very little from; an Aerospace Engineering degree.

roldy

Member Type
Student or Learner
The Olympiads were in elementary school. For the last sentence I'm trying to convey that I would give back to society as a token of thanks for the aerospace engineering degree that i will receive eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.