charlybe is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Erasmus cover letters

Hello !

My friend and I are planning to apply for the Erasmus program for next year, and we had to write cover letters. Could you please check them, this would be very helpful !

Thanks in advance !

Mine :

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am currently a third year student of undergraduate studies in politics and law at ________________ and am applying for the Erasmus program for the year 2011/12. My primary motivation is my interest in the opportunity to study in a new environment. This would give me an enhanced academic experience, as well as improved career options. The chances to adapt and develop a broader outlook on the world would help prepare me for a career path I would like to follow in European public law. A year abroad would allow me to acquire maturity and build a better understanding of this branch of law. With regard to my personal objectives, it appears necessary to broaden my horizons beyond a single national vision, considering Europe is becoming increasingly intrusive in domestic laws. The United Kingdom seems especially interesting because it is the cradle of the Common Law system, which is largely spread around the World.

Studying in England would enrich me both academically and personally. In many respects, English culture fascinates me and I would like to improve my understanding of it. Not only is England the first country to which I travelled, but it also attracts me in a way no other does, to such an extent I have always wished to live and work in England. My love for the English culture is the reason I enrolled in a European section all through my secondary school, where I was taught History in English and given extra hours of language courses.

I am a hard-working, passionate student who can adapt to any situation. An opportunity to participate in the Erasmus program would enable me to obtain the level of English I need for my international aspirations.

Please find enclosed my resume and all the required documents.

Yours faithfully,

My friend's :

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am currently a third year student of undergraduate studies in politics and law at ________________ and am applying for the Erasmus program for the year 2011/2012. Such a chance to study abroad is an opportunity I want to seize regarding my life perspectives. Adapting myself to new horizons would consequently enrich both my academic and professional experience. Indeed, a year abroad would allow me to develop a broader outlook on the world that would meet my career needs in European public law.

European influence has grown significantly over the past decades, which makes it impossible for one not to broaden his perspectives. My destination choices are fully integrated in my ambition to acquire an international experience. Going further than a single national vision of this branch of law is a key point to build a better understanding of it. Considering my career options, Britain appears to be the most relevant choice in regards to how spread the Common Law system is in the world. Not only does the United Kingdom fit this personal project, but it also gathers my aspirations of opening my mind to a new way of thinking which is totally different from the French one. In another extent, such an opportunity would obviously help me improving my English level and facing another culture that I have always been into.

I am a perseverant, strongly determinate student who is not afraid of living in a whole new environment. I deeply believe that living abroad is a crucial step to grow up and this thought stands for my main motivation.

Yours faithfully,
    Last edited by charlybe; 24-Nov-2010 at 14:52. Reason: notifications