here and scroll down to Final Consonant Rule 1.
The plural of 'grown up' is grown ups'.Originally Posted by saddouda
Originally Posted by saddouda
- Can you write your name?
- meaning 1: do you have the ability
- meaning 2: would you please
- the meaning is usually found in the context
- Sam hurt is his hand. Can he write his name?
- Sam, can you write/sign your name here, please?
The second one, 'may you bring me food' sounds odd in my dialect. (It could be that I don't fully understand your question.)Originally Posted by saddouda
Note, a lot is two words.