Interested in Language
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Denmark
Hello guys,
Yesterday I watched Ace Ventura When Nature calls.In my opinion it's one of the greatest comedies ever made.However there's one joke I didn't catch :
Attendant: Peanuts?Ace Ventura: [looks down] Yes, I have one right here. It's bulky, but I consider it carry-on.Attendant: [holding bag of peanuts] Peanuts.Ace Ventura: Oh, I see.So can you guys explain me what's the meaning of it, "it's bulky,but I consider it carry-on"?Thanks in advance:)

lauralie2

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
Uhm, I believe Ace is referring to his penis...

Noran

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Denmark
Yes he is,but what exactly means "but i consider it carry-on"?

corum

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Hello guys,
Yesterday I watched Ace Ventura When Nature calls.In my opinion it's one of the greatest comedies ever made.However there's one joke I didn't catch :
Attendant: Peanuts?Ace Ventura: [looks down] Yes, I have one right here. It's bulky, but I consider it carry-on.Attendant: [holding bag of peanuts] Peanuts.Ace Ventura: Oh, I see.So can you guys explain me what's the meaning of it, "it's bulky,but I consider it carry-on"?Thanks in advance:)

Peanuts and penis are almost homophones. "Yes, I have one right here." He must have earned a privileged place in the stewardess's heart with this response, as was manifest in her face. :-D
Obviously, Ventura was wandering from the subject. :)
"It is bulky (large, occupies big space), but I consider it carry-on". :up:
Although it is big, it is not bigger than the maximum size that you are allowed take on board with you in a plane.

corum

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
YouTube - Ace Ventura
- "Mr. Ventura, there is nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of nature. You should try it some time."
- "Alrighty then!"

Brutal! :-D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.