Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The clean, shiny floor beneath me. The mirror ahead. Bars surrounding. I perspire, breath heavy and work every muscle in my body. I keep strong. No one can touch me. No one can see me. I am dancing. The music is loud and moves my body around and about. I can not hear my own thoughts. My mind is released and is sent far away. I sink heavy into the floor; into a different platform, somewhere outside of Earth. This is my studio. Dance is my own language. I created dance, and dance created me. I created the graceful movements of ballet, cichetti, pointe and the waltz; I cooked the spice for my salsa, meringue and tango; I put the sound into tap and stomp; I tasted the flavor of hip-hop and jazz; I used my strength to make modern the most powerful of all types of dances. I know dance, and dance knows me.
I dance solo, I dance with my team, I dance with my friends, and I dance with my son. I am a leader; a captain to be exact. As a competitive dance team member, I understand the importance of teamwork and leadership. We must stay loyal and dedicated to one another so that we can truly enjoy something we all have in common, which is dancing. This requires personal sacrifice. I must respect the value of teamwork and everyone I am dancing with or competing against. Dancers are dedicated and devoted to their ambitions, and we strive for perfection, knowing we are unable to ever reach it. I am admired for this trait of mine by my family and friends. They all support me and are thrilled whenever I invite them to attend a class with me so we can learn together. Although my son is only sixteen months old, even he enjoys coming to class every once in a while. Everyone watches and adores him bouncing around and trying to imitate our movements.
They tell him, “You're going to be great like your mother some day; and no one loves dance like your momma.”
Dance is my passion, and there is always room to improve. My jumps could be higher, my movements could be cleaner, and I could dance to the fastest version of the music, among many other things. I could never become bored with dance. It is a power that gives off the strongest sense of life. Nothing in this world has the capability of making me feel as alive and free. Dance is my pulse. Dance is my passion. It keeps my heart beating; it makes the sun rise and the sun set; it keeps the Earth revolving; it maintains my son's health and my family's happiness. This glossy floor beneath me. The mirror looking back. Bars, all around me. This is my passion.

woahyo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
i need some ideas for this!
please!

Status