A short paragraph riddled with errors, probably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozl

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
If somebody could find the time to look at this, and correct what is wrong , I would be very grateful.

Boozl

Last night I was flicking through the many TV channels that I have access to; stumbled across the 'BBC Parliment' channel and ended up watching Prime Ministers Questions well into the early hours of this morning. I found the churlish behaviour being acted out in front of my own eyes very interesting and even entertaining at times. Before I knew it the allocated half an hour had been used up and MP's were filing out of the chamber like football fans leaving a stadium after the final whistle had gone.

Richard1

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Last night I was flicking through the many TV channels to which I have access, and ended up watching Prime Minister's Question on the BBC Parliament Channel well into the early hours.

I found the churlish behaviour very interesting and at times even entertaining and before I knew it the allocated half hour had finished with MPs filing out of the chamber like football fans leaving the stadium after the final whistle.

PS,
Many of us enjoy the cut and thrust of PMQs as its called, and in my opinion it certainly beats the anodyne and sterile presentation that we see in the European Parliament.

Rgds

boozl

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
Last night I was flicking through the many TV channels to which I have access, and ended up watching Prime Minister's Question on the BBC Parliament Channel well into the early hours.

I found the churlish behaviour very interesting and at times even entertaining and before I knew it the allocated half hour had finished with MPs filing out of the chamber like football fans leaving the stadium after the final whistle.

PS,
Many of us enjoy the cut and thrust of PMQs as its called, and in my opinion it certainly beats the anodyne and sterile presentation that we see in the European Parliament.

Rgds

Is having two ands in the same sentance good practice?

I was encouraged to use a semi-colon at school.

Richard1

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Good point. Mea Culpa

As an aside there's an old puzzle question concerning the number of consecutive 'ands' you can have in a sentence and still make sense.

A signwriter was creating a sign for the Bull and Bush pub. After he'd finished it the publican remarked that he hadn't left enough space. "You should have left more space between the Bull and and, and and and Bush"

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.