Hello everyone. I am applying for the European Master of Sports and Exercise psychology. Hopefully some of you want to read my letter and give some comments on it

Dear Sir or Madam

I have always been interested in sports. When I was 6 years old I started judo and I later took up weightlifting. I soon entered competitions and after competing for a few years, my determination and persistence lead to a Flemish title in both judo and weightlifting and national medals soon followed in both disciplines. I started studying psychology at the well-reputed University of Ghent because of my interest in the human mind and how this influences people’s actions. During this education, I developed scientific knowledge about psychological sub-domains and other disciplines. Within 6 months I will graduate as a Bachelor in Personnel Management and Industrial Psychology and after that I hope to unite my two passions by applying for the EMSEP program.

I am already working on uniting these two passions by expanding my broad scientific base with specific knowledge. I chose “Sportpsychologie en coaching” as an extra course at the University of Ghent and started reading Sport Psychology by Tenebaum. I have found that writing papers, reading, presenting and listening to professional sportspsychologists has increased my interest in this discipline even more.

Last summer I spent a month in Panama where I visited a friend who is studying the Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window program there. It was a great experience getting to know another culture and showed me the Erasmus Mundus from a closer perspective. I speak four languagues (Dutch, English, French and Spanish) and I am a sociable person which made me integrate within the group of students very quickly. It was such an enriching experience and it made me realize how much I want to study abroad as well next year.

After completing my masters, I want to help athletes and others achieve higher standards and better results. To prepare for this job I want to combine the knowledge gathered during the European Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology program with my own experience as an athlete. I believe it is important that both of these factors are combined in order to work efficiently and passionate.

In conclusion I would like to say that I am aware that chasing my dreams requires hard work and discipline. I am used to doing this in sports and studies and I believe I can work even harder given the opportunity to enroll on this programme. I think the high-quality teaching and international experience fits my interests and qualifications very well and that I would be an asset for the program.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Yours Sincerely,