Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello, I am about to take an important exam in a month. Could you help me improve this essay? This is about early education. Thank you.

A teacher warns parents never to rely on experts and special programs for their children’s early education. Parents themselves are the best teachers.

Affected by the narrow concept of early education, young couples are keen on experts’ advices and child-designed games. They even send kids to an institution for special training. According to the scientific studies, if parents have their children receive primary education in kindergartens or follow suit to let them learn a special skill, they risk warping(twisting, throwing off track) children’s development and twisting their nature and interests. Not only does this hardly pay off, but it may threaten their development.

The teacher also says that games with pleasure are what a kid’s education should consist of and life itself is the best curriculum. To educate kids, parents would not so much take them to talented classes as play specific games with them. While this will enable children to combine playing with learning naturally, parents only need to play a guiding role. For example, tapping pots or bowls can help children cultivate a sense of rhythm and sharpen their hearing. If they are curious about how flush toilet works, parents can explain several switches’ function, the secret of how the tank is refilled with water. These joint games serve to develop the child’s ability to observe. More importantly, a closer parent-child interaction helps children develop healthy minds.

Remember this: to give early education is not to teach principles. In fact, it could be as simple as helping children cope with environment by “playing water” or “playing rice”. Parents, involved in the process, need scientific concept and correct methods to improve their way of teaching. As long as they bear this in mind, they can do a good job.

qizi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is there anyone that will help me? Thank you.:)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It's very good qizi.

Do NOT use kids.

Change advices to advice.

Change to 'playing with water' 'playing with rice.'

Rover

qizi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you. As for "kids", why is it inappropriate to use it? Is it because it's spoken?
(May I ask you to take a look at my another essay. It's entitled "Entrepreneurial Spirit". It has been posted for a long time, but there is no reply. Thank you very much.:))

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You often hear kids used informally.

It's inappropriate for a formal essay.