Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Jordan
Dear All:

The below letter is my first draft of a motivation letter for a Master's degree in electrical engineering. I welcome any comments.

"
Dear Sirs:

I am writing to express my interest in applying for the Master’s degree program in electrical engineering for fall 2011. I am interested in ... and the opportunities that it provides.

I completed my Bachelor degree from ... in 2007 with a GPA of 3.54/4.0 ranking second on class. Through my study, I participated in many workshops and training programs.

During my work, I came to close contact with massive electrical projects that cost billions of dollars and have an impact on community, economy and environment. I believe that obtaining a higher degree through research in electrical engineering will provide me with the necessary means to support these projects whether by reducing their costs, improving their performance or reducing the effect on environment.

I trust that my educational and experienced background can add to the classroom. I hope that you will consider my application and view me as a favorable candidate for this program.

Yours Sincerely,
"

G-girl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Kuwait
perfect:up:

straight to the point and simple.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
"
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to express my interest in applying for the Master’s degree program in electrical engineering for fall 2011. I am interested in ... and the opportunities that it provides.

I gained my Bachelor's degree at ... in 2007 with a GPA of 3.54/4.0, ranking second in my class. Throughout my studies, I participated in many workshops and training programs.

During my work, I came into close contact with massive electrical projects that cost billions of dollars and had an impact on the community, economy and environment. I believe that obtaining a higher degree through research in electrical engineering will provide me with the necessary means to support these projects - whether by reducing their costs, improving their performance or reducing the effect on the environment.

I trust that my educational and experienced background can contribute to the course.

I hope that you will consider my application and view me as a favorable candidate for this program.

Yours Sincerely,
"

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.