Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Australia
My View on Dual Degrees​
To date, a ballooning number of undergraduates have taken a keen interest in reading for dual degrees. In other words, an English major can also major in economics and other course works.
There are several factors accounting for such a prevailing phenomenon. First and foremost, undergraduates have started to live under pressure caused by the high employment rate. Extensive knowledge of some other fields might well help work to their advantage. Another significant contributing factor that propels undergraduates into the craze, I think, is their burning desire for a higher salary.
For example, some of them have determined to learn a foreign language, for they conceive that the future international businesses may not necessarily be operated only in English.
To my thinking, it pays to work furiously for dual degrees. For those who still hesitate over alternatives, they ought to display high initiatives in becoming well-rounded as well as market-competitive. Whatever it takes, more needs to be done before being competent, so that they can be eligible for a wider range of jobs and thus make a decent living.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
My View on Dual Degrees​

To date, a ballooning number of undergraduates have taken a keen interest in reading for dual degrees. In other words, an English major can also major in economics and other course works.
There are several factors accounting for such a prevailing phenomenon. First and foremost, undergraduates have started to live under pressure caused by the high employment rate. Extensive knowledge of some other fields might well help work to their advantage. Another significant contributing factor that propels undergraduates into the craze, I think, is their burning desire for a higher salary.
For example, some of them have determined to learn a foreign language, for they conceive that the future international businesses may not necessarily be operated only in English.
To my thinking, it pays to work furiously for dual degrees. For those who still hesitate over alternatives, they ought to display high initiatives in becoming well-rounded as well as market-competitive. Whatever it takes, more needs to be done before being competent, so that they can be eligible for a wider range of jobs and thus make a decent living.
By the way, nice punctuation spacing! :-D
(Unless you are actually a pair, and it's the other one who made all those mistakes).

Kaka&Cooper

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Australia
Thanks for pointing out the weakness, but I was unable to find another word for "craze".And "the English major" thing is just an example.

Kaka&Cooper

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Australia
Aha, thanks to your tutelage~

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thanks for pointing out the weakness, but I was unable to find another word for "craze".And "the English major" thing is just an example.
It's not a craze. Assuming that it is a new phenomenon, you could say, "Another significant contributing factor in this trend by undergraduates ... "
You do use some strange vocabulary, though - "ballooning, propels, work furiously ..." This is not necessarily a bad thing if you are learning new words. With more experience, you'll begin to think of words that more accurately reflect what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.