Member Type
Other
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
New Zealand
In an email, after explaining a certain situation, I concluded by saying "Should you have any concerns or comments, please revert".
Expecting further communication from parties, in cases of negative response. After sending the message, I realized the word "revert" may not be the most suitable, but I am sure I have seen this expression elsewhere.
Any comments, Please!

sana618

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
'revert' means returning to the previous state or condition.
What exactly did you want to tell in your email, that the person return to the previous state in the situation or to write back to you about the said situation?
If you wanted that person to write back to you maybe it should have been something like this - "Should you have any concerns or comments, please get back to me" or (most commonly used 'write back' or rarely used 'return back')

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Revert is "Indian English." I've come to learn it means "reply" or "get back to me" but it's likely people who know only "American English" would not know what that means. So, depending on your audience, you are either just fine or might need to explain.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
In BrE, you'd have the same problem with revert- I'd use use please contact me/get back to me, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.