Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Spain
I have recently completed a Diploma in TESOL and a Certificate in TEYLT with a view to teaching young children. This week I started work with a boy of 2 1/2 and went along full of enthusiasm and equipped with lots of different teaching aids but on arrival I was met my a father who wants his son to be taught REALITY only, no songs, no rhymes, no games, no puzzles, no stories, no fantasy, no toys, no books! Just what is real. I have very few objects in the room to work with but there is a computer. Does anyone know of any books or websites that may be of help to me. I have plenty of work sheets for shapes, colours, numbers etc.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
'What use is a book without pictures or conversation?' Who is this guy? Is your relationship with 'the father' professional? If so, tell him what real teaching involves. If he is your husband, you and his child have my sympathy (and apologies!) ;-)

There are a few resources in thread called 'Phoentics' [sic, so search for that string, including the typo) - probablbly for the wrong age-group though.

b

AbiVidal

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Spain
This is a professional relationship, I think that books are OK as long as they are non fiction and with photos of real objects not illustrated, and there is a preference to do things on the computer rather than with books or photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.