• Thread starter vgv888888
  • Start date
  • Views : 3,493
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vgv888888

Why was my user vgv8 was banned from this forum and all my posts were deleted
I am writing from another user account but I am interested to know to avoid the same in the future

I cannot post links to give references but vgv8 profile shows:
- Total posts: 0
- Total thanks: 4

It is possible to view my deleted posts cahed by google's caches if to use its search engine

What is wrong with them?

These deletes and ban were done without any warning, my Emails to support were not responded

I cannot even view any of this forum posts (while being logged in as vgv8) receiving:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Spamming

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

OK, I have done something wrong but what and why to delete all my posts and ban me in such a sneaky stealthy way?

I'd like to participate in learning English asking and answering.

Apparently these deletes happened after my last question
about antonym to idiom used in s p a m software marketing.

I write website content for anti - s p a m software products...
And wanted to know the corresponfing antomym to idiom used in promoting s p a m services.

What was wrong in that?
How can I participate without fearing to waste my tume in vain writing here?

Update:
And what is the point in deleting all the posts of a banned user?
and the useful answers by other users?

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
We get a flood of spam through here. If you are an expert in spam, then you might be able to work out why people are suspicious of this:
"B A D - A S S SOLVING SERVICE" of the botnet.com
We get dozens of spambots coming in posting stuff like this every day. If you want to ask a question about it in a moderated forum, then shouldn't have posted it with some sort of warning and explanation? You should know this as you work in the area, it is very disingenuous to start complaining- can you tell me what distinguishes this from the average spam message? Spambots can copy text from other posts and are highly flexible, so the word antonym isn't enough. Does this message look like the rubbish flowing through people's inboxes and clagging up forums?
Were you wrong? Yes, of course you were. If you want to ask questions about spam on the internet, you might want to think about warning people and putting an explanation in. This is utterly indistinguishable from fake designer stuff.

Warning? I see no need to give spam a warning. So try not to look like spam. Should contact every fake designer website promoting their junk here? As you might know, it's a battle just to stop it or reduce it to manageable proportions.

It's also Christmas Day for me so I haven't checked my email yet as it's a holiday.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
V

vgv888888

If you are an expert in spam
I am not. That's why I asked the question in the forum.
I have a project to proofread the content of a website with anti-spam product.

then you might be able to work out why people are suspicious of this:

We get dozens of spambots coming in posting stuff like this every day. If you want to ask a question about it in a moderated forum, then shouldn't have posted it with some sort of warning and explanation?
I did it in my Email to support after this post was deleted.
After that, without any reply from them, I've got a ban and all my other posts deleted.

BTW, antonym implies that something contrary

You should know this as you work in the area, it is very disingenuous to start complaining- can you tell me what distinguishes this from the average spam message? Spambots can copy text from other posts and are highly flexible, so the word antonym isn't enough. Does this message look like the rubbish flowing through people's inboxes and clagging up forums?
I do not work in this area. It is just one project and it is more English-oriented.

Why were all my other posts deleted?
and without any warning?
Why was not my Email answered?

Should I understand that ppl are more stupid than bots?

It's also Christmas Day for me so I haven't checked my email yet as it's a holiday.
But you already deleted all the posts without reading them.

Don't be so nationalist and religious.
Orthodox Xmas is on 7th of January
And that my post (here is its cache) and my message to support about it with explanations were 2 days ago, on 23d of December?!

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
No, you can't- they're deleted. I am well aware of what an antonym is. If that's your idea of a joke or some sort of intellectual titan stuff, you are sadly mistaken. How can you send a warning after an event? I will go back to my original point- why do you think posting stuff about badass botnet.com should be looked on as anything other than spam? Why are you remotely surprised when it is treated as spam? Do you seriously think I waste my time sending warning emails to the hundreds of spambots posting messages that are exactly the same as yours? And please don't bother coming back with aggressive stuff and self-justification because if you do, I will ban you again. And again. Show some manners. You screwed up. Not us. If you think you're going to troll this forum, you are mistaken.

V

vgv888888

Can you unban my user vgv8 (without further trolling about deleted without any reasons all posts)?

I cannot even read (view) any posts in this site without clearing my browser each time
(receiving ban notice webpage instead on any forum thread!)

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I have unbanned and undeleted posts. I am going to close this vgv88888 account. However, I will make it very clear that I will have no trouble from you whatsoever. Nothing you have said today has convinced me that we stand to do anything other than lose by having you as a member. I will close the account again on the merest suspicion that you are going to start trolling or flaming. So please read back and see that your reply to my mentioning that it is Christmas Day was to whine and while you may have ignored the link posted where I say Hmmm, I have read it.

vgv8

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Russian Federation
Can you also unban Email notifications about posting in threads subscibed by vgv8?

I tried to re-enter Email in profile of vgv8 but could not find where it was possible to do.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Choose User CP from the menu bar at the top of the page, then choose Edit Options, which you will find on the list on the left in the Settings and Options group, then in Default Thread Subscription Mode, there's a drop down box, choose whichever email notification you want- instant/daily/monthly.

No settings were altered when the account was re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.