I have had many positive and negative influences in my life. But when asked who has made a difference in my life without any hesitation I knew it was my mother. My mother is an absolutely wonderful person and to me my mother possesses all the good qualities and virtues that made me the man I am today. She is honest, compassionate, hardworking, and patience when dealing with difficult problems.
When I was about seven years old, my father left my mother for another woman. We were a family of five at the time, two boys ages ten and seven and one girl five years old. Life during that time became difficult due to poverty and the limited resources we had, but my mother was able to push through, working long hours and managing well with the little money she earned. She was the only one who was providing shelter and food for us. She was and is the backbone of our family and is someone I can always count on. When she realized that the money she was earning working at the window factory was not enough to support and provide a good life for the family, she decided to go college to study nursing. Upon receiving her degree in nursing, she strived to be successful in any possible way that she could and she started working at Montefiore medical center in New York City as a house keeper. That job open the door for my mother because after working one year in housekeeping she applied for a full-time nursing position and she was hired. She is still work as a nurse today.
Coming from a strong religious family, my mother taught me a lot good qualities. Ever since I was a boy, my mother made me attend all church activities yet I never really wanted to. Not only did she had me go to all church ministries, but she also planted a seed in my heart through family value and examples of how to be honest and treat everybody the way I would like to be treated. Her perseverance in pushing me to become successful whether it is with school or job has helped me become a better person in many ways. I have a full-time position in nuclear medicine at the James J. Peters VAMC in the New York City and I have been selected employee of the month twice. Also she made me enrolled back to college and I am taking online college classes at Saint Joseph college of Maine. Even now that I am an adult, she pushes me harder when it comes to school. She believes that I have a bright future ahead of me, and wants me to make the most out of it by going back to college. She has taught me that with constant hard work, I will never fail. Even though, at times I get annoyed with her always pushing me, I know that she is just want the best for me.
Everyone in life has a person or a group of people who has influenced him or her the most. As for me, that one special person is my mother. She is really special and dear to me not only because she is an amazing, hardworking and loving but because her ways and teachings has brought me to where I am today. The ways my mother raised me and siblings has shaped me into the person that I am today. Seem somebody like mother overcome so many obstacles in life and succeed in raising three children the way she did, has made such an impact in my life in which I could never think I will ever be able to repay her.