Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Dear Sir or Madam,

I appreciate this opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application for entrance to your university in the 2011 autumn term.

First of all I would like to present some background about myself. My name is Darja and I am currently living in Estonia. At the moment I am in high school. Since my early years the question of my future university studies and a profession has been very important to me. I have a great desire to study abroad and I dream of being accepted to the European University with its innovative teaching approach and high international standards.

I find that I learn much from my summer jobs. This work experience has expanded my view on a whole service system. During the summer of 2010, while working in restaurant, I gained a great deal of practical experience in the field of hospitality. I got very interested in how to manage in this sector. I want to be involved in the international tourism industry. Now when I am thinking about my future career I see myself in a position which is related to Hospitality, Service and Tourism Management.

At the moment I am a member of a student council in high school. Also I was active in all performances organised by my school. This experience allowed me to develop and use organizational skills that no doubt will help me in my future career.

I think that studying in your university will be an excellent platform for my future career. It gives a lot of opportunities like learning languages, widening my horizons, getting to know other cultures, and learning in a different way than I used to.

Thank you very much for considering my application. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours sincerely,
Darja

Rover

DaryLeto

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Estonia
Current Location
Estonia
Thank you Rover!

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello!
I'm now in a last year of high school and preparing some documents for university that i want to apply after my graduation. Motivation letter is required for applying and I need some help because I never wrote such thing before. I would be thankful if somebody help me to make it acceptable.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I appreciate this opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application for entrance to your university [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for the 2011 autumn term.

First [STRIKE]of all[/STRIKE], I would like to present some background information about myself. [STRIKE]My name is Darja and [/STRIKE] (your name is not necessary in the body of the letter) I am currently living in Estonia. At the moment I am in high school. Since my early years, the question of my future university studies and a profession were very important to me. I have a great desire to study abroad and I dream to be accepted to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE]a European university with its innovative teaching approach and high international standards.

I find that I [STRIKE]learn[/STRIKE]have learned much from my summer jobs. This work experience has expanded my view on a [STRIKE]whole[/STRIKE]complete service system. During the summer of 2010, while working in a restaurant, I gained a great deal of practical experience in the field of hospitality. I got very interested in how to manage in this business [STRIKE]sector[/STRIKE]. I want to be involved in the international tourism industry. Now, when I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] think[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] about my future career, I see myself in a position which is related to Hospitality, Service and Tourism Management (caps are really not necessary).

At the moment, I am a member of a student council in high school. Also, I was active in all [STRIKE]performances[/STRIKE]activities organised by my school. This [STRIKE]allows[/STRIKE]has allowed and will allow me to develop and use organizational skills that no doubt will help me in my future career.

I think that studying in your university will be an excellent [STRIKE]platform[/STRIKE]foundation for my future career. It [STRIKE]gives[/STRIKE]provides a lot of opportunities like learning languages, widening my horizon, getting to know other cultures and learning in a different way than I have been used to.

Thank you very much for considering my application. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours sincerely,
Darja

Nice work. A few suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.