Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
I will try and write a short peice explaining the events of Christmas day.

Oh well, that's the Christmas holiday over and done with for another year. It seems like it was only a few days ago that I was putting the decorations up, but they've since been taken down and are back in the loft ready for next year. So it's back to the hard work of trying to improve my written English after deciding to give myself a two week break from it.

So what happened in my house on Christmas day? let me tell you. It was exactly 7:31 - I can remember looking at these three digits on my bedside digital alarm clock- when my youngest son came rushing into my bedroom to tell me that it was Christmas day and ask if he could go downstairs to see if 'Santa Claus' had been. The noise he made waking me up was enough to open the eyes of my wife who was asleep beside me and my eldest son who was also asleep in the adjoining bedroom. It wasn't long before he was up too and both were on their way down the stairs, with my blessing, to see if the presents I had put under the tree late on Christmas eve were there. My wife and I soon followed them down the stairs to get the dinner ready as we planed to eat at 1:00 pm. To do this, the Turkey needed to be in a lit oven before 8:00 am and we got this done with only five minutes to spare. While we were doing this, the boys were opening their presents. The opening of them all only took about twenty minutes, if only it took that long to clear up the mess afterwards. Mum said that we were not allowed to eat our dinner unless the living room was clean and tidy. All three of us cleaned up the mess we had made and our Chistmas dinner was both on time and as usual, tasted delicious.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Oh well, that's the Christmas holiday over and done with for another year. It seems like it was only a few days ago that I was putting the decorations up, but they've since been taken down and are back in the loft ready for next year. So it's back to the hard work of trying to improve my written English after deciding to give myself a two week break from it.

So what happened in my house on Christmas Day? Let me tell you. It was exactly 7:31 - I can remember looking at these three digits on my bedside digital alarm clock - when my youngest son came rushing into my bedroom to tell me that it was Christmas Day and to ask if he could go downstairs to see if Santa Claus (no need for inverted commas) had been. The noise he made waking me up was enough to open the eyes of my wife who was asleep beside me and my eldest son who was also asleep in the adjoining bedroom.

It wasn't long before he was up too and both were on their way down the stairs, with my blessing, to see if the presents I had put under the tree late on Christmas Eve were there. My wife and I soon followed them down the stairs to get the dinner ready as we planned to eat at 1:00 pm. To do this, the turkey needed to be in a lit oven before 8:00 am and we got this done with only five minutes to spare.

While we were doing this, the boys were opening their presents. The opening of them all only took about twenty minutes. . . if only it had taken that long to clear up the mess afterwards! Mum said that we were not allowed to eat our dinner unless the living room was clean and tidy. All three of us cleaned up the mess we had made and our Chistmas dinner was both on time and as usual, tasted delicious.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.