[Essay] Can i get help revising and editing my college essay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edsol19

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The impact of my life

There are numerous amounts of people that can influence your life in some way. However, the one person, in my opinion, that can bring the greatest impact to you in about just everything you do is your mother. She is the person that can help you mature, have a positive attitude, and the most importantly have respect towards others. Like any other parent, she is the one who wants the best for her children, and wants them to achieve their goals in order to make it through life well educated.
It was summer of nineteen ninety-eight and my parents bought a house with the help of my grandparents, and as of today we still currently live in the house but my father is no longer around on account of my parents getting a divorce. After my father left in two thousand one, my mom was left on her own with everything from bills to the house to pay, and being a single mother with three kids to rise was quite difficult from a certain perspective. I remember when I was in middle school, my mom would subscribe us for these after school activities because she needed to work late. We never did like to stay but hey you have to do what your mom tells you to do. Speaking the truth, it was really sad to see your mother going through hard times and you not being old enough to work and help out a bit.
When I turned old enough to work, I found a job so I could start helping my mom out. She would’ve always been grateful about it but told me to focus more on school since that was the key to a better future. She was always pushing me to get better grade. She didn’t want to see me end up like her, killing myself working in order to pay a monthly rent after high school. It has been a huge help to have my mother around even though she is working all the time. She has always been a big influence to my brothers and me, helping us in what we needed help in. For example, when we didn’t understand the math homework or when science was getting a little too complicated, she would’ve tried her best to help us, even when she couldn’t understand the language.
As of today, my mother finally came out of the hole she was in, ending the situation that was haunting her. Being able to see my mom going through all that spoke to me, making me realize that she has been an inspiration and a role model in my life. The reasons why I work hard in school are to impress her and make her proud and as well for my education, because without my mom I don’t know what would have I done or even worse what would’ve been of me. She would always be there for me and always influences the decisions I made in everyday life, changing me into the better person I have become today.

edsol19

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.