Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
hi.. i have written this as my personal statement for applying in Computer engineering.. i have edited it many times but i still think it needs to be improved.. i would greatly appreciate your advice on it...

"In this century, use of computer is growing at uncontrolled and unpredictable pace. All the fields of life are now becoming increasingly dependant in the use of computers and it is due to this fact that this program is of such a great importance.

Throughout my 13 years of education I have always been fascinated by computers. I have enjoyed studying A-levels computing, and it was through its coursework that I was able to learn Visual Basic which is now a very important part of my life. I enjoy a very good teacher-student relationship with my computing teacher and it is he who has persuaded me to take this field. Apart from computing I also have liked math and I have always relished the opportunity to apply it in real life problems.

My interest in computing and math has not only been restricted only to the classroom but I also was an active member of my schools computer society. I also took part in the Bahria College Project Competition in which, through hard work and pure determination I designed a program entirely on Q-Basic and for that I was awarded with 3rd position in the competition. I like to spend my spare time watching Discovery channel and reading cyber magazines through which I am able to learn about different technological advancements.

During my summer holidays I joined Askari Bank and did internship in its online banking branch. Here I learned the actual processes that go behind all the transactions. I also learned and implemented my knowledge in practical.

Apart from academics I have always liked to take some sort of responsibility, as I was the President of my schools Social Work Society in the year 2009-2010. I am also a sports enthusiast; I enjoy playing football and cricket. I believe that sports play a very pivotal part in shaping ones character. It not only teaches self-discipline, team work and determination but also polishes the leadership qualities of a person. I am a member of my college football team and also captain the local football team. In the recent Floods in Pakistan I tested my managerial ability (as I enjoy taking up challenges), and organized a football tournament through which I was able to gather about Rs 20,000 for the flood victims.

The purpose of computers is to assist the humans and ease their work. This is the reason why the use of computers is increasing so much everyday. I wish to use my creative and imaginative thinking to develop such technologies so that it would benefit the people and the planet."

wq-92

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
thank you very very much Gil..

thanks..:-D

Status