Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Hello

I was wondering if someone can help me reviewing this MA abstarct
it was given for two translators but still not so ripe

Abstract

This research aims to analytically to study the autobiography of Palestinian Author “Hanna Abu Hanna” in terms of contents, self and collective dimensions, and attracted the most important technical and analytical characteristics. This research contains preface and three chapters.

We sought in the preface to clarify various views, and the argument about the name of what written Palestine literature in Israel. Then we showed the most effective events on this literature artistically and in contents. Then we approached to the autobiography in Palestine, and we observed the first autobiographical texts issued there. And before getting to the content of Abu Hanna autobiography we tracked the effect of the writer and his role I the literature movement in Palestine.

We focused in the first chapter on the individual self writer and written. So we approached in this chapter seeking in movable childhood stage and culturally formation and their effect on forming main character in the autobiography, and we sought in the beginnings of self interaction politically and partisan.

Whereas the second chapter is concerned in Palestinian collective self represented in social, cultural and national dimensions. As well as, this chapter in one of its parts, describes the conflict of Palestine-Israel in its different aspects: political, civilizational, economical and cultural.

Finally, the third chapter presents the importance of artistic autobiography structure, so it pays attention to the main and sub–titles in the autobiography, in addition to detail in the building of the setting (place-time) of autobiography. Whereas the description and the language is the most analytically prominent features of Abu Hanna autobiography, we are concerned about showing the property of description and language in his autobiography.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello

I was wondering if someone can help me reviewing this MA abstarct
it was given for two translators but still not so ripe

Abstract

This research aims to analytically [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] study the autobiography of Palestinian Author “Hanna Abu Hanna” in terms of content [STRIKE]s[/STRIKE], self and collective dimensions, and attracted the most important technical and analytical characteristics. This [STRIKE]research[/STRIKE] paper contains preface and three chapters.

We seek in the preface to clarify various views, and the argument about the name of what written Palestine literature in Israel. Then we show[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] the most effective events on this literature artistically and in contents. We then approach[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] the autobiography in Palestine, and we observed the first autobiographical texts issued there. [the notes for the early drafts?] And before getting to the content of the Abu Hanna autobiography we [STRIKE]tracked [/STRIKE] explore the effect of the writer and his role in the literature movement in Palestine.

We focused in the first chapter on the individual self writer and written. So we approached in this chapter seeking in movable childhood stage and culturally formation and their effect on forming main character in the autobiography, and we sought in the beginnings of self interaction politically and partisan.

Whereas the second chapter is concerned in Palestinian collective self represented in social, cultural and national dimensions. As well as, this chapter in one of its parts, describes the conflict of Palestine-Israel in its different aspects: political, civilizational, economical and cultural.

Finally, the third chapter presents the importance of artistic autobiography structure, so it pays attention to the main and sub–titles in the autobiography, in addition to detail in the building of the setting (place-time) of autobiography. Whereas the description and the language is the most analytically prominent features of Abu Hanna autobiography, we are concerned about showing the property of description and language in his autobiography.
This is uneditable because it's not comprehensible. The bits I've bolded, I don't understand.
The abstract should be written in the present tense - I've suggested a few changes.

This would be easier to edit if it were first translated by another Arabic speaker into understandable English. Maybe another Arabic speaker with good English could help if they had the Arabic text as well?

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
RayMott thank you very much for you review
I am doing now to rewrite the sentences you bold

I agree with you that is not understandable

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
please see this after the changes:

Abstract

This research aims to analytically study the autobiography of Palestinian Author “Hanna Abu Hanna” in terms of personal and collective dimensions and contents, and enumerate the most important artistic and analytical characteristics. This paper contains preface and three chapters.

We seek in the preface to clarify various views and arguments about the naming of what written as Palestine's literature in Israel. Then we show the most influence events on this literature artistically and contently. We then turn the autobiography literature in Palestine, and observed the first autobiographical texts there. And before dealing with the contents of the Abu Hanna's autobiography, we explore the influence of the writer and his role in the literature movement in Palestine.

At the first chapter we focused on the personality of Abu Hana in one side as an author and in the another as a subject of writing in his own autobiography. In addition this chapter seeking in the author movable childhood and his early culturally formation that shaped the main figure in the autobiography, beside throwing light in his politically and partisan beginnings interactions of our protagonist .

As the second chapter is concerned in Palestinian collective identity represented in social, cultural and national dimensions. one part of this chapter, deals with Palestine-Israel conflict from some different aspects: political, civilizational, economical and cultural.

Finally, the third chapter presents the importance of artistic autobiography structure, specially it pays attention to the titling in the main and sub–titles in the autobiography, in addition we detail in the structure of the (spacetime) place-time of the autobiography. Whereas the description and the language is the most analytically prominent features of Abu Hanna autobiography, we concern about showing the properties for both of them .

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
OK, I've had another go. This is good English, but you'll have to decide whether it's exactly what you want to say:

This research aims to analytically study the autobiography of Palestinian author, Hanna Abu Hanna, in terms of its personal and collective content, and to identify those areas which have the most artistic and cultural importance.
This paper contains a preface and three chapters.

We seek in the preface to clarify various views and arguments about what constitutes Palestinian Literature in Israel. Then we show the events that have been most influencial artistically and in terms of content. We then turn specifically to the autobiographical literature of Palestine, and note some of the earliest examples there. Before dealing with the contents of Abu Hanna’s autobiography, we explore the influence that he has had in the literary movement in Palestine.

In the first chapter, we focus on the personality of Abu Hanna, both as an author and as the subject of his own work. In addition, this chapter looks at Hanna’s childhood and the early cultural influences that affected him, as well as throwing light on his political and partisan beginnings.

In the second chapter, we are concerned with the collective identity of Palestinine, in its social, cultural and national dimensions. One part of this chapter deals with the Palentine-Israel conflict from various aspects: political, social, cultural and economic.

Finally, the third chapter discusses the importance of autobiography as an art form, the significance of titling and subtitling, and the structuring in place and time of the autobiographical form.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Raymott really thank you for your continuous efforts
it looks more better than before
I think that all right just the last paragraph need me to decide

thank you again