• Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece

• Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation For University, any hints?

Hi.
    Can you spot any mistakes (grammar, spelling, syntax)?
    Please let me know if you do. I would be glad to know what you think about my letter.
    ---

Dear Sir or Madam

I am hereby applying for entrance to the Economics and Business BSc programme at the University *** for the 2011 fall term.

Firstly, allow me to give you some details on my background.

I am the fourth and youngest son of my family. Since a very early age I remember being passionate and enthusiastic about academic studies in the field of Computer Science, which is what my eldest brother studied as well.

During high school, my grades were always well above average, and although I did not do as expected in the crucial Panhellenic Examinations, I succeeded and was accepted by the Technical Educational Institute of Serres - Faculty of Computer Science and Communications as an undergraduate student, thanks to my good grades in most courses during the final year in high school, as well as my outstanding performance in “Application Development in Programming Environment”.

As a potential student, I study hard and when I develop a passion for something I always try to do my best and that is reflected on my Computer Science grades in High School. I kindly ask that you do not take my examination grades as my terminal abilities in the rest of the subjects.
    In the past four years I developed a very strong interest in Economics and Business which has, in turn, developed into a passion for knowledge in the field. With that given, I know I will give it my best, studying what I have a passion for.

When I read about your programme, I was intrigued. It combines my ideal studies in a major, high class European university along with cultural mixture, both of which I look forward to. I have lived outside Greece in the past – for a period of almost two years - and love the process of getting to know and understanding a new culture.

To conclude, I would like to say that this programme is best suited for me as I am keen on using the knowledge gained during the 3 year course by working in the sector of Economics/Business/Finance in Europe, ideally for a European government, or hopefully pursue a Master’s programme or a PhD in the field.
    Last edited by hermit87; 14-Jan-2011 at 01:11.