Post Thanks / Like

Default Please revise my CV for grammar and mistakes!

Here is my CV. Please check for grammar and if some sentence needs rephrasing please do rectify it. Suggestions for improvements are also welcomed. Your help means a lot to me. Thanks in Advance!

Personal Statement I am a hard worker, determined, punctual, and self confidence person. I like to do my work with full commitment and energy. I love to know new things and a good helper toward those who need it. I work very well with all kinds of people, and understand that everyone has different perspectives about projects and work tasks. I am able to work as part of a team or individually.
    Career Objective Currently my emphasis is on seeking an entry level position with the opportunity to exercise existing talents and develop new abilities.
    Visa Status
    I can work in UK under "Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme"
    Skills
    C/C++
    • I have made many course work projects using this language. I developed a visualization plug in for winamp. I also made a small compiler in C++ for user-defined language.

Object Oriented Techniques
    • I have extensive skills of analyzing, designing and programming of softwares using Object Oriented techniques.
    • I have comprehensive knowledge of Unified Modeling language (UML) and I have used Visio and Rational Rose for designing and implementing Object Oriented softwares.
    I also have experience of using "Design Patterns", which includes Adapter, Bridge, Composite, Decorator, Facade, prototype, factory and singleton pattern.

Java
    • Complete knowledge of Java Swing library and socket programming.
    Build programs using Java Swing such as visualizing and performing operations on data structures(stacks, queues, trees and heaps) graphically. Currently I am using Java Swing library to make a visualization tool for Multi-Valued Decision Diagrams (MDD) for University of Y research students. I also employed socket programming to construct file sharing program in a project.

Web Technologies
    • I have complete knowledge of HTML, CSS, ASP, XML, and JavaScript. I developed a dynamic website about games using these languages.

Databases
    • I have worked on Access, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Oracle.

Education
    • MSc. in Software Engineering Oct 2004 to Sep 2005
    University of Y, York, United Kingdom
    Expected to pass with at least 2:1.
    Bachelors of Computer Software Engineering Aug 2000 to Aug 2004
    • Mishra University Institute of Management & Computer Sciences (MUIMCS), Blackburn, UK. GPA: 3.33. Passed with distinction (80.85%)
    Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) Aug 1998 to Jun 2000
    Air Inter College Chaklala, Blackburn, UK.
    Subjects studied: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Urdu, Pakistan Studies and Islamic Education
    Grade Awarded: B

Secondary School Certificate Mar 1993 to Apr 1998
    Joseph High School for Boys, Blackburn, UK.
    Subjects Studied: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Urdu, Pakistan Studies, Islamic Education
    Grade Awarded: A

Internships
    • Internee Aug 2003 to Sep 2003
    Celesto Bank Ltd., Birmingham, UK
    I worked at customer help desk and was responsible for dealing with customer complaints.
    • Junior Network Administrator (Internee) Jun 2002 to Jul 2002
    International College of Computer and Management Sciences (ICCMS), Southampton, UK
    I was responsible for building, maintaining and troubleshooting the local area network (LAN) comprising of 25 computers. I build the network from scratch and maintained it for two months.
    Hobbies
    • Computer games and reading books about upcoming technologies are my prime hobbies.
    • Whenever I get time I like to travel around the city on my bicycle.
    Computer Certifications
    • Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), 2001
    • Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), 2001
    • Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Please revise my CV for grammar and mistakes!

I made some changes that may or may not be what you were looking for. I am in the USA and the changes may or may not be suitable, if you need further assistance I will be on for a while. Cindy

Personal Statement I am a self confident, hard working, determined and punctual person. I do my work with full commitment and energy. I love to learn new things and enjoy teaching and helping others. I work very well with a variety of people and personalities, and understand that everyone has different perspectives about projects and work tasks. I am able to work equally well as part of a team or individually.
    Career Objective Currently my emphasis is on seeking an entry level position with the opportunity to exercise existing talents and develop new skills.
    Visa Status
    I can work in UK under "Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme"
    Skills
    C/C++
    • I have made many course work projects using this language. I developed a visualization plug in for winamp. I also made a small compiler in C++ for user-defined language.

Object Oriented Techniques
    • I have extensive knowledge in analyzing, designing and programming software using Object Oriented techniques.
    • I have comprehensive knowledge of Unified Modeling language (UML) and I have used Visio and Rational Rose for designing and implementing Object Oriented software.
    I also have experience of using "Design Patterns", which includes Adapter, Bridge, Composite, Decorator, Facade, prototype, factory and singleton pattern.

Java
    • Complete knowledge of Java Swing library and socket programming.
    Build programs using Java Swing such as visualizing and performing operations on data structures (stacks, queues, trees and heaps) graphically. Currently I am using Java Swing library to make a visualization tool for Multi-Valued Decision Diagrams (MDD) for University of Y research students. I also implemented socket programming to construct a file sharing program in a project.

Web Technologies
    • I have complete knowledge of HTML, CSS, ASP, XML, and JavaScript. I developed a dynamic website about games using these languages.

Databases
    • I have worked on Access, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Oracle.

Education
    • MSc. in Software Engineering Oct 2004 to Sep 2005
    University of Y, York, United Kingdom
    Expected to pass with at least 2:1.
    Bachelors of Computer Software Engineering Aug 2000 to Aug 2004
    • Mishra University Institute of Management & Computer Sciences (MUIMCS), Blackburn, UK. GPA: 3.33. Passed with distinction (80.85%)
    Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) Aug 1998 to Jun 2000
    Air Inter College Chaklala, Blackburn, UK.
    Subjects studied: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Urdu, Pakistan Studies and Islamic Education
    Grade Awarded: B

Secondary School Certificate Mar 1993 to Apr 1998
    Joseph High School for Boys, Blackburn, UK.
    Subjects Studied: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Urdu, Pakistan Studies, Islamic Education
    Grade Awarded: A

Internships
    • Internee Aug 2003 to Sep 2003
    Celesto Bank Ltd., Birmingham, UK
    I worked at a customer help desk and was responsible for dealing with customer complaints.
    • Junior Network Administrator (Internee) Jun 2002 to Jul 2002
    International College of Computer and Management Sciences (ICCMS), Southampton, UK
    I was responsible for building, maintaining and troubleshooting the local area network (LAN) comprising of 25 computers. I built the network from the ground up and maintained it for two months.
    Hobbies
    • Computer games and reading books about upcoming technologies are my prime hobbies.
    • In my free time I like to travel around the city on my bicycle.
    Computer Certifications
    • Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), 2001
    • Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), 2001
    • Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please revise my CV for grammar and mistakes!

Your CV has already been checked for spelling and grammatical mistakes. So, I will just point out a few other things that you should keep in mind while preparing your resume. They are as follows:

1) Don't mention about your hobbies if they are not related to the job you are applying for.

2) Don't use words like "I", "my" and "me" in your CV.

3) Mention your responsibilities/ duties using bullet points.

4) It is not absolutely necessary to include your "personal statement"

5) Paint a picture of how hiring you will help the company.
    ---------
    Last edited by Tdol; 25-Mar-2006 at 08:21.