Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Qatar
Current Location
United States
This is my first time doing a literary biography. please criticize me it will only make me better

"Time is very slow for those who wait very fast for those who are scared very long for those who lament very short for those who celebrate. But for those who love time is eternal" One of many famous quotes said by the late William Shakespeare. Shakespeare was one of most famous, influenced writers of all time. He has written over thirty plays and his work is over hundred years old but it is still taught at high schools, colleges around the world. The late great Shakespeare was born in Stratford, London in 1564. There are no records of his birth but it believed he is born on April 23 and baptized on April 26. William Shakespeare is the son of John Shakespeare and Mary Arden. John Shakespeare was a glove maker and his mother Mary Arden was the daughter of rich farmer. Shakespeare had eight siblings and he was the eldest surviving son. Again as most of Shakespeare life there is no record but it is believed that Shakespeare attended a school near Forest of Arden district. He went to school here for sometime before moving out at the age of fourteen at that time it was common to explore the world at a young age. Shakespeare was a married man at age eighteen; he married Anne Hathaway who at the time was twenty-six. Some people did not approve of the marriage because of their age difference but eventually they were granted a license for the marriage. In 1582 Anne Hathaway was born, Shakespeare first daughter. Three years later Anne Hathaway gave birth to twins names Hamnet and Judith. There is a gap from 1585-1592, there are multiple rumors that he committed a crime and decided to leave Stratford to not face the punishment, but others believe he joined a theatre and started writing plays. By 1592 Shakespeare became somewhat popular for his plays Titus Andronicus and The Two Gentleman of Verona. Shakespeare published his first work in 1593, a poem called Venus and Adonis for which he earned great praise and respect around the town. Shakespeare returned to the stage with a group called Lord Chamberlain’s Men. He stayed with this group as an actor and a part-owner for many years. This group then created a theatre. The theatre is known as the Shakespeare’s Globe, it is located in Southwark, London. This theatre would be the home to some of the greatest plays in English literature. “The first play we know of that was performed at Shakespeare's famous playhouse was Julius Caesar in 1599 when a Swiss tourist Thomas Platter recorded in his diary that on September the 21st " we witnessed an excellent performance of the tragedy of the first Emperor Julius Caesar " said to be performed by some 15 actors.” Shakespeare became so famous that even Queen Elizabeth I came to watch him perform. After all the success Shakespeare had achieved he decided to go back home to Stratford-upon-Avon and that is where he would meet his maker. William Shakespeare died on April 23, 1616 coincidently he was also born on the same day. There is not a single author who has helped the English structure more then the late William Shakespeare

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
This is my first time doing a literary biography. please criticize me it will only make me better

"Time is very slow for those who wait, very fast for those who are scared,very long for those who lament, very short for those who celebrate. But for those who love, time is eternal"
You must be able to see the problems of this quote without the commas.
One of many famous quotes said by the late William Shakespeare. [Not a sentence] Shakespeare was one of most famous, influencial writers of all time. He [STRIKE]has written[/STRIKE] wrote over thirty plays and his work is over four hundred years old but it is still taught at high schools, colleges around the world.
[I've added a paragraph mark here. You need to give your reader some eye relief. Part of the art of writing essays is to use paragraphs.]

The late great Shakespeare was born in Stratford, London in 1564.
[No, Stratford is not in London!]
There are no records of his birth but it believed he was born on April 23 and baptized on April 26. William Shakespeare was the son of John Shakespeare and Mary Arden. John Shakespeare was a glove maker and his mother Mary Arden was the daughter of rich farmer. Shakespeare had eight siblings and he was the eldest surviving son. Again as most of Shakespeare life there is no record but it is believed that Shakespeare attended a school near Forest of Arden district. He went to school here for sometime before moving out at the age of fourteen. At that time it was common to explore the world at a young age. Shakespeare was a married man at age eighteen; he married Anne Hathaway who at the time was twenty-six. Some people did not approve of the marriage because of their age difference but eventually they were granted a license for the marriage. In 1582 Anne Hathaway was born, Shakespeare first daughter. Three years later Anne Hathaway gave birth to twins names Hamnet and Judith. There is a gap from 1585-1592, there are multiple rumors that he committed a crime and decided to leave Stratford to not face the punishment, but others believe he joined a theatre and started writing plays. By 1592 Shakespeare became somewhat popular for his plays Titus Andronicus and The Two Gentleman of Verona. Shakespeare published his first work in 1593, a poem called Venus and Adonis for which he earned great praise and respect around the town. Shakespeare returned to the stage with a group called Lord Chamberlain’s Men. He stayed with this group as an actor and a part-owner for many years. This group then created a theatre. The theatre is known as the Shakespeare’s Globe, it is located in Southwark, London. This theatre would be the home to some of the greatest plays in English literature. “The first play we know of that was performed at Shakespeare's famous playhouse was Julius Caesar in 1599 when a Swiss tourist Thomas Platter recorded in his diary that on September the 21st " we witnessed an excellent performance of the tragedy of the first Emperor Julius Caesar " said to be performed by some 15 actors.” Shakespeare became so famous that even Queen Elizabeth I came to watch him perform. After all the success Shakespeare had achieved he decided to go back home to Stratford-upon-Avon and that is where he would meet his maker. William Shakespeare died on April 23, 1616 coincidently he was also born on the same day. There is not a single author who has helped the English structure more then the late William Shakespeare
You've made a lot of errors due to carelessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.