Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,

Can you please tell me the meaning of "The Turing Tide Coalition"?

Thanks in advance

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
You haven't provided any context so I can only guess. My guess is that it's "The Turning Tide Coalition" and it's the gathering of organizations that Google search gives us.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
You haven't provided any context so I can only guess.
We have asked you before to provide more context, E S. If you have no context, at least give some idea of where or how you happened to see/hear the expression, please.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
We have asked you before to provide more context, E S. If you have no context, at least give some idea of where or how you happened to see/hear the expression, please.
all my questions are on "50 prosperity classics". and this question is on Lynne Twist.

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
all my questions are on "50 prosperity classics". and this question is on Lynne Twist.
This is still not enough context. Most of us haven't heard of "50 prosperity classics" or Lynne Twist. I haven't. So it doesn't make helping you much easier. What is needed is what was discussed where you saw the phrase in question. A quotation wouldn't be a bad idea.

Just try to think what can be necessary to get the meaning. The more the better usually.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
This is a title and the book does not give more knowledge than a small title on lynne twist. I am faultless.

apex2000

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Wales
There may be more than one Lynne Twist but I wonder if you have made any attempt to find about your subject through the internet. Clearly we cannot be expected to do research if you cannot find out more yourself.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
There may be more than one Lynne Twist but I wonder if you have made any attempt to find about your subject through the internet. Clearly we cannot be expected to do research if you cannot find out more yourself.

http://www.themiracletimes.com/robert muller/twist.htm

"Lynne Twist is a Representative to the State of the World Forum; President of the Turning Tide Coalition; Co-Founder of the Pachamama Alliance; Founding Executive of The Hunger Project; (hey, remember this one!) Board Member of the Institute of Noetic Sciences; explorer of "the soul of money" and all-around global transformational spirit. "

the result is from internet i have found only "Turning Tide Coalition" without having more information on the real meaning

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Your link provides the answer: "She is president of The Turning Tide Coalition: a coalition of social justice, environmental and consciousness organizations."

That is what the TTC is -
"the Turning Tide Coalition, a gathering of like-minded organizations committed to global sustainability" (that came from my second google hit, and the following from my sixth [my underlining added]).

"Some are stepping out of the cycle, realizing the perfection of the moment when they can say, "Enough." Twist has gathered twelve leaders of social innovator organizations to maintain that conversation, to uncover what is needed for social and cultural transformation. Calling it the Turning Tide Coalition, Twist observes, "If we can see and say the tide is turning, in all kinds of arenas we all care about, that galvanizes people to participate in turning the tide faster. We have to be bold and courageous and take a stand that, by God, the tide is turning and you can be part of it. The goal of the Turning Tide Coalition is to take that stand, to herald the turning tide, and to ignite a conversation for people's participation."

As apex 2000 said, "I wonder if you have made any attempt to find about your subject through the internet. Clearly we cannot be expected to do research if you cannot find out more yourself". I did it this time just to confirm that the information was easy to find. I am not going to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.