Thread: Help: Topping

Post Thanks / Like

Help: Topping

Bag- in- box oil

Heated self deck warms two 35lb. boxes of topping for immediate switch over from first bad to second.

Stores and warms oil and topping for quick change over without service interruption or down time.

Give me a hand, and try to put in a more cleary way.

Thx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help: Topping

What is "bag-in-box" oil?

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you give us some context- I don't know what the 'self deck' means'. without more information, I can't help at all.

Post Thanks / Like

My too-many years laboring in restaurant kitchens might come in handy here:

Topping is any sort of food that coats, sits on top of or TOPS another food...

Meat might be topped with a sauce, a desert might be topped with melted butter and sugar, enchiladas are topped with cheese.

Heated self deck warms two 35lb. boxes of topping for immediate switch over from first bad to second.

Should be:

The self-heated deck warms two 35 lb. boxes of topping for immediate switching over from the first batch to the second batch.

(A Deck is a type of food-warmer, self-heating means it comes with its own heating, you don't have to put it on a stove, and Topping here refers, I believe, to food topping to coat food... melted cheese, perhaps, sauces, desert toppings, etc. They are bragging of their ability to have two batches, the current and the backup, heating at the same time... rather than have one batch hot and the other one stone-cold until you the first one runs out... hence you ability to ditch the empty, have the second already heated, with no interruption or wait time for the second to heat.)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and bag-in-box oil is a way to buy oil.

You can buy liquid oil in a can, which is heavy and expensive.

You can buy liquid oil in a bottle, which is also heavy and expensive.

You can buy liquid oil in a plastic bag, which is light and inexpensive, but breaks open,

OR

You can buy liquid oil in a plastic bag that is INSIDE a cardboard box... light, inexpensive, and the cardboard box does not break... bag in a box!

Post Thanks / Like

Thx all. I may need to the Concession stand to check out with my own eyes.

Thanks.