Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone,
I need to write a invitation letter to the professors, would you please give me some suggestion? Thanks~

Dear Dr.____________,
Thank you for agreeing to serve on my committee. As I am beginning with my research project, Dr.King and I think it’s time for us to hold my first committee meeting. So I am writing this letter to invite you to the committee meeting, and arrange the meeting time. The available dates are at the following: April 12th, April 13th, April 19th, and April 21st, please choose the one that convenient for you. Your guidance is vital for my study; I look forward to your reply,
Sincerely

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
Hi Jane.
Here's a version that might be useful to you.
Some notes:
– I would prefer "As I am now beginning my research project", but probably because my background is not American.
– perhaps "invite you along" is too informal, you decide. I'm trying to avoid writing "committee" yet again.
– your final sentence feels like two separate ideas clipped together by a semi-colon. I think the "guidance" part is a nice personal note and another small "thanks" sets it up.

Dear Dr.____________,
Thank you for agreeing to serve on my committee. As I am beginning with my research project, Dr. King and I think it’s time for us to hold my first committee meeting. So I am writing this letter to invite you along and to arrange a suitable time. The available dates are: April 12th, 13th, 19th, 21st – please choose the one that is most convenient for you. Thank you again for your interest, your guidance is vital for my study. I look forward to your reply.
Sincerely..

Reactions: 5jj
Status
Not open for further replies.