Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi there, my advance apologies if this has already been asked a million times! I have had a speculative look through this forum, but i would like to get some opinions from people who have completed the CELTA training.

I am looking at doing this course before i go to South America. I'm aware this isn't the best place to earn money as an English teacher but i have my reasons ;-).

I don't have any English teaching experience yet. So my question is, even though the CELTA does specify that it is designed for people with little or no experience, would you agree with this? In your opinion, would i be better off gaining some experience before doing the course or do you believe it can be done from scratch? I have a degree and a pretty good standard of English but i would hate to come across as a fraud, teaching English to people having done a 3 day course or some such.

I would really value your opinions on this!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I would agree; it's an entry-level qualification, and the one that stands you the best chance of getting work IMO. It can be done from scratch- thousands do every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.