Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello,

[FONT=&quot]The I-Teck® XS makes it easier than ever to pursue your passions and stay connected to the people and things you care about most

[/FONT]What does "pursue your passions" mean here? Does it mean "to do what you want to do"?

Thanks
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I would expect a small-print note saying, "...unless your passion is any of the following..."

I'd say it's "what you like doing". A passion used to be something you were fervently enthusiastic about, but I don't believe this is the case today. I think it's enough to like something to call it a passion now.

Also, I don't like the expression "pursue your passions". I think the verb is wrong (although it's not the first time I see this usage), but that's my personal opinion.

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
The I-Teck® XS makes it easier than ever to pursue your passions and stay connected to the people and things you care about most

What does "pursue your passions" mean here? Does it mean "to do what you want to do"?

Milan.
In a sense it does mean that, but it's a little stronger. To "pursue your passions" is to enthusiastically explore and stay involved with those things that interest/excite you most.

Status
Not open for further replies.