Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

• Post Thanks / Like

Arrow how to learn english well?

I went to this forum casually but found this english studying suggestion thread luncly !

i have graduated to one university in china , so far ,i have learned english for about 9 years as most of the students in china. but i cann't speak english freely with the foreigner . yet not all of us are the same,just the most . and the principal reason is most of the chinese students only can learn english expecially the boring grammar and words .

Generally, you will see there are so many grammar books or dictionarys stacked on their desks ,maybe an exam just is a piece of cake for them as the checking points are grammar and new words.

what's more ? noting ar~~~ theY can learn english but cann't use it ! the main proof is most of them cann't speed english ,or can say they donot dare to speek in from of the teacher or a foreigner .why ? because they are afraid of facing they mistakes when a wrong word or a wrong sentence come out of their mouth ! that is what called mute english in china .

in all .i think the best way for the chinese to learn english is speaking! enjoy losting your face , just forget about your face ,the more you speak ,the more progress you will make . and grammar is noting for you !

by the way , i hop e to make friends with some foreign fuys , and here is my msn , just add me if you would .

EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

or you can click my blog site for a visit ,you cann't miss it

http://blog.streetor.cn/

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: how to learn english well?

Hi to everybody!My name is Helen and I'm very interested in this topic about the progress of learning English!I have learned English 5 years and I am sure when I am talking to a foreigner!I sometimes don't talk so good and I don't understand the grammar at all but it will become better with a lot of work!

• Post Thanks / Like

[Hi Helen,
    My name's Binh, I've learn english language for 10 years, but i diddn't speak english well. I'm not use to english in my job. Could you give me a advice?
    Thanks.

• Post Thanks / Like

hi ..... It seemed to me that English is not that difficult to learn and to understand. To me, English is a simple language when it comes to speaking or sometimes writing, but mostly you can understand what is going on. SINCE I'm not a native speaker, my advise is to try to read as much as you can in all fields, or at least short stories. WHAT is important is to gather all skills smoothly, which are reading, writing, listening, and grammar. Afterwards, you'll find yourself developded. Bear in mind, never ever apply your own language in English. I mean , try to learn English as it is; don't think of, for example, chinese while you're speaking English.

All the best to you guys and of course girls .

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by man of the year View Post
    WHAT is important is to gather all skills smoothly, which are reading, writing, listening, and grammar.
    You´re right but I just think you missed one....speaking

• Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: how to learn english well?

hi! i almost couldn't help you,because i can't speak english well,but i wish we wil became friends....a chinese girl as you are!

• Post Thanks / Like

Just watch "Friends" in English.Some kind of "learn and laugh" u knowand in lexical aspects it's great

• Post Thanks / Like

I think that you should get someoneto speak to, someone thatknows english and could correct you. At first you would speak with a little shame, but then you'll have more trust and you will start speaking more freely.
    so start looking for someone you know who likes english and try to speak only in english with him/her, but don't be discourteous with other people speaking like you two have a secret.
    I hope That can help you

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Alejandra View Post
    I think that you should get someoneto speak to, someone thatknows english and could correct you. At first you would speak with a little shame, but then you'll have more trust and you will start speaking more freely.
    so start looking for someone you know who likes english and try to speak only in english with him/her, but don't be discourteous with other people speaking like you two have a secret.
    I hope That can help you
    Is that what you do Marina?
    So how did you find your English partner then?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

This is a good topic !
    I have been studying English for about 10 years.
    For my experience, I always never give up to explain in English, even though it is very difficult. Owning to such an endurance I can speak English.(But I sometimes make a grammar mistake, though)

My point is you don't hasitate, you shoud speak.
    (Sorry for my bad writing.)
    Last edited by Yanagi Kazuo; 28-Sep-2007 at 16:11.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast