Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how to learn english well?

I havee read all your commens and I think you all made some very valuable points . As you know learn a new langugue is not as easy as we think (to be perfect). In one word rhe more you study the more you learn . although we all need to put oyr effords into the right track but if we do want it just need to be tireless. I have been learning english since 2004. allthough I have been living among the native speakers since then but I can not communicate very well .
    to be honest , sometimes I can not even say very simple things .I tell you something else that might be helpful . I had a skillful teacher who told me one day that my english is good but I need to be more confident . she added : many English students just need to look more positively to English rather then focus on negative poits. Be pasitive and find your weaknesses
    I wish you all the best

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousa View Post
    I had a skillful teacher who told me one day that my english is good but I need to be more confident . she added : many English students just need to look more positively to English rather then focus on negative poits. Be pasitive and find your weaknesses
    I wish you all the best
    True!
    Courage is better than skill!
    Though one may be skillful but lost his heart, he will be as senseless as someone who knows nothing at all. But though you may not be so learned as "those people" but you´ve got the courage as a lion, the skills will just show itself off.

TIPS : Never compare your skills with other people, especially with those greater that you are and specially natives.
    Or if you would ever be tempted to compare, compare it with lesser people or better with children. This will boost your confidence the more.
    But as for me, I have my own skills to develop, other people has theirs. So I mind my own business and be confident. And if possible help others with improving their skills as well, this will boost your confidence the more. And will also compel you to learn even more.

nyggus is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    Or if you would ever be tempted to compare, compare it with lesser people or better with children. This will boost your confidence the more.
    Unless those are native children. I suggest not doing that! It does not boost any confidence whatsoever!

Nyggus

Monchito is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousa View Post
    I haver read all your commens and I think you all made some very valuable points . As you know learn a new langugue is not as easy as we think (to be perfect). In one word rhe more you study the more you learn . although we all need to put oyr effords into the right track but if we do want it just need to be tireless. I have been learning english since 2004. allthough I have been living among the native speakers since then but I can not communicate very well .
    to be honest , sometimes I can not even say very simple things .I tell you something else that might be helpful . I had a skillful teacher who told me one day that my english is good but I need to be more confident . she added : many English students just need to look more positively to English rather then focus on negative poits. Be pasitive and find your weaknesses
    I wish you all the best
    Mousa,
    Your English is quite good for someone who just started to learn.
    To master English skills takes time and discipline, what you need is lots of practice, it’ll be easy for you since you live in the UK.
    To practice the language is just around the corner so take advantage of it and don’t be shy; this would build confidences in you.

Take care,

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyggus View Post
    Unless those are native children. I suggest not doing that! It does not boost any confidence whatsoever!

Nyggus
    Right, Nyggus! It´s not a good idea to compare skills with others. That´s why I said "Never to compare"in my preceding statement, and added "If you would ever be tempted"...

The best way to boost one´s confidence in something I think is to practice, gain an ample amount of knowledge of that something that you want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3