Please check my resume for university (Masters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assimptotika

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello, I'm preparing my documents for university (Masters degree) taught in English, including resume. I've never wrote resume in English so I'm not very sure about it. Is it correct and good enough? I'll be very grateful for any help!!!

XXXXXXXXX XXXXX
Xxxxxx str. 0, apt# 00
00000 Xxxxxx, Ukraine ▪ Phone: +38000000000▪
E-mail: xxxxxxxxxx▪
Honest, aspiring and hardworking person with analytical thinking. Thorough, persistent and creative for reaching goals and finding solutions. Having extensive and deep knowledge in mathematics combined with practical experience in economical and financial analysis. Initiative and broad-minded individual, who is passionate for math and economics and don’t afraid of challenging assignments. Willing to strengthen econometric and English knowledge in order to succeed in further career growth.
Education
Master of Mathematics, specialization Mathematical Economics 2008
Xxxxxx National Xxxxxxx University, Xxxxxx, Ukraine
Average grade: 4.67 out of 5.00

Bachelor of Mathematics, specialization Mathematical Economics 2006
Xxxxx National Xxxxxxxx University, Xxxxxx, Ukraine
Average grade: 4.85 out of 5.00

Thesis/Researches​
• Assisted Dr. Xxxxxx within his research of asymptotic integration of higher order differential equations Emden-Fowler type with regularly varying nonlinearities.
• Asymptotic Integration of Systems of Linear Differential Equations in case of Singular Behavior of Matrix Pencils.
• Asymptotic Integration of Systems of Linear Differential Equations
Related
Experience​
XXXXXXxxxx International, Xxxxx, Ukraine
Financial economist (agricultural), 2008 - present
• Analyzing and reporting on monthly, quarterly, and annual economic and financial data
• Assist in annual budgeting of revenues and expenses for group of agricultural enterprises, and making farther analysis of actual implementation of the budget
• Development of financial projects, further support and analysis of current projects
XXXXX, Xxxxxx, Ukraine
Economist internship, 2008
• Assist in current support of loan programs for industrial enterprises

Computer skills​
MikTeX, LaTeX
C++
Pascal
Win OS, MS Office
Honors &
Activities
Bachelor's degree with distinction
Extensive travelling through USA

petit_minou

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Well-written resume! There are a few spelling/grammar errors which I have highlighted. Resumes should be corrected several times, preferably by more than one person, to assure high quality!

Hello, I'm preparing my documents for university (Masters degree) taught in English, including resume. I've never wrote resume in English so I'm not very sure about it. Is it correct and good enough? I'll be very grateful for any help!!!

XXXXXXXXX XXXXX
Xxxxxx str. 0, apt# 00
00000 Xxxxxx, Ukraine ▪ Phone: +38000000000▪
E-mail: xxxxxxxxxx▪
Honest, aspiring and hardworking person with analytical thinking. Thorough, persistent and creative for reaching goals and finding solutions. Having (This word should be omitted - it is grammatically incorrect and disrupts the flow of the other sentences) Extensive and deep knowledge in mathematics combined with practical experience in economical and financial analysis. Initiative and broad-minded individual, (can omit this comma) who is passionate for math (I would suggest using the word math OR mathematics throughout your resume, not switching back and forth, to keep it consistent) and economics and don’t (incorrect grammar, "is not" is correct. If you sound out "do not afraid of..." it should sound incorrect.) afraid of challenging assignments. Willing to strengthen econometric and English knowledge in order to succeed in further career growth.
Education
Master of Mathematics, specialization in Mathematical Economics 2008
Xxxxxx National Xxxxxxx University, Xxxxxx, Ukraine
Average grade: 4.67 out of 5.00

Bachelor of Mathematics, specialization in Mathematical Economics 2006
Xxxxx National Xxxxxxxx University, Xxxxxx, Ukraine
Average grade: 4.85 out of 5.00
(The preposition "in" would sound natural here)

Thesis/Researches​

• Assisted Dr. Xxxxxx within (remove) his research of asymptotic integration of higher order differential equations Emden-Fowler type with regularly varying nonlinearities.
• Asymptotic Integration of Systems of Linear Differential Equations in case of Singular Behavior of Matrix Pencils.
• Asymptotic Integration of Systems of Linear Differential Equations
Related
Experience​

XXXXXXxxxx International, Xxxxx, Ukraine
Financial economist (agricultural), 2008 - present
• Analyzing and reporting on monthly, quarterly, and annual economic and financial data
(A couple of problems here. Remember to be consistent! If you choose to not use a comma ' when listing words in some sentences then do not use it for any other sentences. Omit "and" and list financial data as the fourth term. In addition, watch your tenses to make sure they are consistent. Do not switch between simple present and continuous when describing the same present job. Simple present is fine).
• Assist in annual budgeting of revenues and expenses for group of agricultural enterprises, and making farther (spelling error?) analysis of actual implementation of the budget (Since this is a long sentence with two different duties, I would suggest making it two separate bullet points.)
• Development of financial projects, further support and analysis of current projects
XXXXX, Xxxxxx, Ukraine
Economist internship, 2008
• Assist in current support of loan programs for industrial enterprises

Computer skills​

MikTeX, LaTeX
C++
Pascal
Win OS, MS Office

Honors &
Activities
Bachelor's degree with distinction
Extensive travelling (traveling) throughout the USA (Avoid abbreviations, the United States of America) Computer jargon/abbreviations that are known to the potential employer are an exception.

This was a quick overview on my part, I would love to hear other opinions

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
...asymptotic integration of higher order differential equations Emden-Fowler type with regularly varying nonlinearities.
I would write:

...asymptotic integration of higher order Emden-Fowler type differential equations with regularly varying nonlinearities.

Assimptotika

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Thank you very much!! Thanks to both of you!!!! Your corrections were very helpful for me!!!
There is only one thing that I'm not sure I do understand correct. In this sentence "Having (This word should be omitted - it is grammatically incorrect and disrupts the flow of the other sentences) Extensive and deep knowledge in mathematics combined with practical experience in economical and financial analysis. " did you mean that I need just to delete (remove) "Having" or should I rephrase the whole sentence?

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Note that we're not dealing with sentences here. There are no finite verbs!

I don't see why this word should be incorrect, but you can remove it without rephrasing the rest. Petit_minou will hopefully give her opinion.

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Here no one writes "honest" on a CV, as it is either redundant or incorrect, with no way of telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.