English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Topic : Contrast the way men and women consider love

Nowadays, there is a common phrase that "Men are the Mars and Women are the Venus" which emphasizes the differences between Men and Women, especially the views on love. Often, the ladies prefer the romance to the reality. In contrast, the gentlemen pay more attention to the practical matters. Women enjoy hearing the sweet stories, but Men are impressed by the images of Women - beautiful or not. Most of Women state that love is everything. Once the women get involved in a relationship, they are willing to make sacrifice. However, "Women give and forgive, Men get and forget". For men, love is just a small part in their life. Im comparison to Women, Men are less romantic. It is not difficult to understand why some guys give up a relationship to pursue their career. In one word, men consider love as an additional part in their life, but women keep love as an invaluable treasure.

SirGod

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Just a few corrections I would do.

Nowadays, there is a common phrase that says "Men are the Mars and Women are the Venus" ,which emphasizes the differences between Men and Women, especially the views on love. Often, the ladies prefer the romance to the reality. In contrast, the gentlemen pay more attention to the practical matters. Women enjoy hearing the sweet stories, but Men are impressed by the images of the Women - beautiful or not. Most of the Women state that love is everything. Once the women get involved in a relationship, they are willing to make sacrifices. However, "Women give and forgive, Men get and forget". For men, love is just a small part in their life. In comparison to Women, Men are less romantic. It is not difficult to understand why some guys give up a relationship to pursue their career. In one word, men consider love as an additional part in their life, but women keep love as an invaluable treasure.

casablanca_30391

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thanks for your useful help.:) I'm afraid that I have made some more mistakes. May someone else give me more corrections? ;-)

Neek93

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovenian
Home Country
Slovenia
Current Location
Slovenia
One more mistake that needs to be corrected. It is in comparison WITH or to compare sth to, but never in comparison to and inversely.
Nik

gwright2803

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

Nowadays, there is a common phrase that "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus" which emphasizes the differences between men and women, especially the views on love. Often, the ladies prefer romance to reality. In contrast, the gentlemen pay more attention to practical matters. Women enjoy hearing the sweet stories, but men are impressed by images of women - beautiful or not. Most women state that love is everything. Once the women get involved in a relationship, they are willing to make a sacrifice. However, "women give and forgive, men get and forget". For men, love is just a small part in their life. In comparison to Women, men are less romantic. It is not difficult to understand why some men give up a relationship to pursue their career. In one word, men consider love as an additional part of their life, but women keep love as an invaluable treasure.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Nowadays (no comma needed) there is a common phrase ()"Men are the Mars and Women are the Venus"
(the actual phrase is: “men are from mars and women are from Venus”) which emphasizes the differences between Men and Women; especially their views on love. Often, () ladies prefer () romance to () reality. In contrast, () gentlemen pay more attention to () practical matters.
Women enjoy hearing () sweet stories, but men are impressed by the images of women - beautiful or not. (I am not sure what you are trying to say about men in this sentence. Do you mean that men are only interested in the appearance of a women? Consider making this clearer).
Most () women state that love is everything. Once a woman becomes involved in a relationship, she is willing to make sacrifices. However, "Women give and forgive, Men get and forget". For men, love is just a small part of life. In comparison to women, men are less romantic. It is not difficult to understand why some guys give up a relationship to pursue their career. In a word, men consider love as an additional part to their lives, but women think of love as being an invaluable treasure.

:) i like the quote "Women give and forgive, Men get and forget"
i hope i have helped! good luck with your writing and your love life!

Status
Not open for further replies.