Dear Sir/Madam

I am pleased to write to you to apply for the Erasmus Programme for the 2011-2012 academic year. I am currently studying Management at Kozminski University which is conducted in English. I just started my second semester and I am looking forward to continuing my studies at your University. I would very much appreciate being able to spend a year at the University of Karlsruhe.

I have decided to apply for this program because I am strongly interested in experiencing a different lifestyle. I think that the program offers more than simply cultural delights and entertainment. I am sure that it will enrich me, both personally and academically. Another reason why I would like to study at your University is that I have family in Karlsruhe and it will be much easier for me to accustom with the new culture, language and environment.
I am self-confident student. I moved from my home town to Warsaw to have that possibility studying in English. I am sure that the time spent in Germany will allow me to me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development. I consider it is a challenge and an opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself and, at the same time, this opportunity would also means improving my English abilities and learning another language.

I believe that studying at Karlsruhe University will have a positive impact on my future professional life and I am confident that my experience in Germany would be extremely exciting and valuable for my studies and overall general development.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.
Yours faithfully,