Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Switzerland
Dear Forum Members!

I would kindly ask for your support in checking my motivation letter in terms of grammar and syntax as well as the content. Your feedback will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Modern corporations are smooth machines with complex organization and “Swiss watch” precision. Since last 10 years I was targeting to be a managing member of an international corporation and with the application to <Business School> programme my personal expectations are closer than ever to achieve that target.

I was born in former Soviet Union, Leningrad in family whose goals always were education and culture. From the very young age I’ve been taught that getting educated is the right way for a successful and interesting life. As a child my usual day was completely occupied with different hobbies and sections beyond the school, thing that fostered in me right time planning, sense of purpose and good self-discipline.

In age of 13 my family immigrated to Israel where I’ve dived into the world of new language, culture and habitats. But just after several years I was already an ambitious young member of the new society with matriculation from prestigious, electronics oriented high school and far-reaching plans. So after an obligatory 3 years military service where I’ve been a technician in the squadron of Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAV) I was looking for a technical position where I could combine earning money for the self-sufficiency with possibility to study for a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. And I found such position on State Satellite and Radio transmitting station where, working in shifts as an operator, I could achieve desirable time for my undergraduate degree.

After accomplishing my BSc studies I was looking for the international job opportunities and soon I became an outsourced commissioning engineer for Swiss company <Company>, working worldwide. During that time I was abroad most of the time finishing one project in China and starting the next day project in Chile or Canada, usually working 7 days a week under tough pressure, which is so common to heavy industry, the niche I was working in, where one day of delay can cost millions. But, this intensive period wasn’t in vain. I’ve gathered some technical and engineering experience; I had the opportunity to work with the people from different cultures and I’ve learned to be as competent as possible to complete my tasks in the project on time. In 2008 I got a proposal from <Company> to relocate to Switzerland, to join the company and to be a leading engineer of very challenging project in <Location>.

Today, being an engineer in a big international corporation like <Company> I feel a strong urge to continue my education in the field of Management and Technology to the Master degree since I clearly understand that it’s an essential knowledge I have to obtain in order to be a prosper manager in technological environment and I believe that my multi-cultural background, willingness to learn and readiness for overtaking the difficulties will help me to complete successfully <Programme Name> programme.

mishka555

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Switzerland
Dear Gil,

thanks a lot! I really appreciate your leisure time dedicated to me! But one more question. What's about the content? Is it suitable for the motivation letter? Any advices on the content side?

Again, thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.