Could you please help me with this motivation letter?? I want to apply for a visiting scholar position at a university in Holland. Thank you very much in advance for your help and your time:

Dear Professor ...,
My name is .., I am currently Ph.D. student at the University of Santiago de Compostela, in Spain, working on a PhD Project on Persuasive Structures in Advergames. We met in November 2010 at the ... Conference at Utrecht University. I am writing to express my interest on applying for a visiting scholar position at the Center ....

I hold a Research Master Degree in Communication and Advertising, and I defended in 2008 my Master Thesis “Narrative in advergames. A case study: “Get the Glass!”. Nowadays I am working on my PhD Project focus upon proposing a framework to analyze and visualize persuasive structures in advergames.

Since 2006 I have been working for the New Media Research Group at the Department of Communication Sciences at the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain). The New Media Research Group was the first one in Spain working on this field, and my University the first one in Spain to have specialization studies on Multimedia and Online Journalism. Being a member of this research group, I took part in several research projects ‐ most of them funded by the Government of Spain ‐ focused on new media, online media, social media and media convergence.

Teaching has also been an important part of my training at the University of Santiago de Compostela, and I believe my background would be useful in your institution. I have had undergraduate teaching experience in several types of courses. I have taught discussion and laboratory sections on Electronic Journalism for a semester. I also taught a section of a Professional Master in Communication and Interactive Media on Web Design. In addition, I taught a section of a summer school laboratory course on new media among other collaborations.

Last year I spent four months at the University of Amsterdam under the supervision of Professor .... During my stay there Dr. ... invited me to attend to the ... Conference, where I had the opportunity to meet you and other scholars working on the research project that was finishing at that moment with such an interesting conference.

At this moment I have the opportunity to apply for a grant to stay an academic year at a European university working on my research project. If I get the grant the Spanish Foundation Barrié de la Maza will fund my stay there. I think that my research project would fit well into your research agenda, and it would be a pleasure for me to take the opportunity the Fundación Barrié de la Maza gives to me, to spend the next academic year starting in Fall 2011 at your university.

Attached is my curriculum, a resume of my research and two articles for your consideration. Thank you very much for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Thank you for your attention.
Kind regards,