• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Jordan
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Please, Check my Motivation letter!!!

Hi every one,
    Could you please help me??? I need to apply for PhD and I need someone to revise my Motivation letter?? Is there anythings has to be rephrase??

Dear XXX,
    I am writing to apply for the PhD position at XX.
    I studied Biomedical Engineering, from 2003-2007, at the XX University, where I obtained my bachelor’s degree. Once I completed my bachelor’s degree, I came to XX to continue my studies and in 2010 I finished my master’s degree of Biomedical Engineering at the University of XX.
    During my studies, I became very interested in fields of signal processing, image processing and computational modeling using Finite Element Analysis. I was enrolled in internship to develop and implement an algorithm of the Undecimated Wavelet Transform into embedded systems such as DSK-6713 board. This internship was aimed to compare the implementation of such algorithm by different programing languages such as Matlab, Simulink, C and Labview, and then providing some estimation results regarding the appropriate programing environment for algorithm-implementation into embedded systems.
    My master thesis project focused on the application of Finite Element Analysis to simulate a microprobe interaction with the brain tissue. The goal of the research was to study the simulation of microprobe implantation into brain tissue in spite of providing a descriptive method for using microprobes in the diagnostic and treatment of some brain diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and stimulating or recording data from particular brain tissue targets (as in the deep brain stimulation DBS.). This project improved my skills and research experience in FEA and its application in medical fields. Also I have work with my PhD. Colleague on electrophysiological recording experiments on rat brain.
    As the University XXX has important research activities in the fields of Neurosciences and Image and Signal processing, I would like to be given the opportunity to do a PhD in this field. I believe my education and experience has provided me with valuable insights to the technical aspects needed to work in this field. Also, I believe this opportunity will improve my knowledge and qualifications for future employment and education. Hence I would appreciate if you could consider my application for the PhD.
    I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your time and consideration. I’ll be more than happy to provide any further information or documents if required.
    Yours Sincerely
    XXX

Thank you very much
    Last edited by alieed; 16-Mar-2011 at 19:53.