• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can somebody check my spelling errors?

According to, completed questionnaire I have the strongest skill in concentration and attention to academic tasks. I strongly believe that concentration is the key to effective study. I will try to keep this ability.
    My other strongest capacity is information processing, acquiring knowledge, and reasoning. It seems to me that I think logically. I am good in mathematics, so that I have the ability to reason well. I donít have a problem with acquiring knowledge. I must just try to be more concentrated. I try to pay attention at the information, which is new to me. I try to remember new information in my head and then in the house I just repeat it. I strongly believe that repetition is the key to successful study.
    Thankfully due to this questionnaire I can see my worse ability. First is attitude and interest. I try to be at each class. I can say that my attitude is good, I am a very talkative person, I try to talk in class. Probably I got a low score because I donít know English well yet. I am scared to talk in class, because I can be laughed at by my classmates in class. This is why my attitude is poor I think. I will try to work on it. Day after day my English skill is stronger.
    My other bad skill is motivation, diligence, self-discipline, and willingness to work hard. I donít know how to say that, but if somebody changes a language, and must study in a foreign language, sometimes there is a time, when I lose my motivation. Why? I read an article, which was written in scientific language. I understood this article not quite well and with difficulty. This is why, I lose my motivation. Last time, I went to An Academic Support Center with the hope that I get help with my essay. I knew that, there is being a lot of spelled mistakes in my essay. I asked to check my spelling errors in my essay. I just got the answer that they cannot help me because itís illegal to put somebodyís words in somebodyís essay. I agreed with this, if there is a law, I must accept that. I donít know why, I lost a little bit willingness to hard work. I try to forget about this and I try to work by myself.
    To sum up my meditation I need to work more on myself. This questionnaire let me know, where I am stuck in my education. Now I know, on which abilities I have to pay more attention.

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can somebody check my spelling errors?

Your spelling is OK, but the sentence structure and vocabulary need work.

Don't say "bad skill" - say "big challenge'

EnglishRyan is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi maksyn,

I agree with susieddq. I think spelling is among the least of your worries here. Here are the first 2 corrections that popped out at me when reading the above:

-Why do you use a comma following 'According to' in the first sentence of your piece? (There are a number of unneeded commas in this piece, actually.)

-I believe 'Pay attention to' is the phrase you are looking for, not 'Pay attention at'.

maksyn is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for help, I have been learning English since 2009, and I still have poor vocabulary, but I am working on it.