[Essay] Can somebody check my spelling errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maksyn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
United States
According to, completed questionnaire I have the strongest skill in concentration and attention to academic tasks. I strongly believe that concentration is the key to effective study. I will try to keep this ability.
My other strongest capacity is information processing, acquiring knowledge, and reasoning. It seems to me that I think logically. I am good in mathematics, so that I have the ability to reason well. I don’t have a problem with acquiring knowledge. I must just try to be more concentrated. I try to pay attention at the information, which is new to me. I try to remember new information in my head and then in the house I just repeat it. I strongly believe that repetition is the key to successful study.
Thankfully due to this questionnaire I can see my worse ability. First is attitude and interest. I try to be at each class. I can say that my attitude is good, I am a very talkative person, I try to talk in class. Probably I got a low score because I don’t know English well yet. I am scared to talk in class, because I can be laughed at by my classmates in class. This is why my attitude is poor I think. I will try to work on it. Day after day my English skill is stronger.
My other bad skill is motivation, diligence, self-discipline, and willingness to work hard. I don’t know how to say that, but if somebody changes a language, and must study in a foreign language, sometimes there is a time, when I lose my motivation. Why? I read an article, which was written in scientific language. I understood this article not quite well and with difficulty. This is why, I lose my motivation. Last time, I went to An Academic Support Center with the hope that I get help with my essay. I knew that, there is being a lot of spelled mistakes in my essay. I asked to check my spelling errors in my essay. I just got the answer that they cannot help me because it’s illegal to put somebody’s words in somebody’s essay. I agreed with this, if there is a law, I must accept that. I don’t know why, I lost a little bit willingness to hard work. I try to forget about this and I try to work by myself.
To sum up my meditation I need to work more on myself. This questionnaire let me know, where I am stuck in my education. Now I know, on which abilities I have to pay more attention.

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Your spelling is OK, but the sentence structure and vocabulary need work.

Don't say "bad skill" - say "big challenge'

EnglishRyan

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
Hi maksyn,

I agree with susieddq. I think spelling is among the least of your worries here. Here are the first 2 corrections that popped out at me when reading the above:

-Why do you use a comma following 'According to' in the first sentence of your piece? (There are a number of unneeded commas in this piece, actually.)

-I believe 'Pay attention to' is the phrase you are looking for, not 'Pay attention at'.

maksyn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
United States
Thank you guys for help, I have been learning English since 2009, and I still have poor vocabulary, but I am working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.