• Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Syria
      • Current Location:
      • Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cover letter for Internship

Hi
    I'm fresh graduate telecom engineer, I don't have any experience and I don't know what and how to write a cover letter for internship program, so I have tried writing one but I'm not sure about it so please check it for me
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear sir/madam:

I am writing to inform you of my interest for the internship training.
    I have completed my Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering, Department of Telecommunications Engineering from XYZ University.

I am happy to inform you that the Projects I have worked on have won me the top grades in my class, I have also graduated with general average of 88 % and been the first in my class.
    I have a thorough knowledge of fundamentals of telecommunications systems and i'm interested in Mobile communications systems
    Throughout the five years of college I have simultaneously participated in many workshops which made me value the team work which leads to success also being part of such activities developed my communications skills and give the ability to be tight to the schedule.

I believe that being fast learner ,diligence and creative energy combined with the knowledge I gained from my education has adequately prepared me to apply for the internship.
    Training in Global Company like XYZ ‏ would be the best place for me to increase my knowledge and to obtain professional experience.
    Therefore, I am enclosing my resume for your kind consideration and looking forward for a positive response.
    Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    Sama
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1-Should I write about the subjects that I have studied in the university or not because they are obvious

2-should I mention the way I knew about the position

3-what tense should I use in Both ( the resume and the cover letter) , present perfect or simple past ???
    4- I don't know the name of the hr manager so is it ok to say dear sir/madam
    5-i'm not sure about the places where i should put my name and my address
    6- is acceptable to enclose my academic Transcript
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i really appreciate your help. thank you very much
    Last edited by sama_; 10-Mar-2011 at 01:47.