Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Latvia
Current Location
Latvia
Hi, there!

I'm writing a CV to apply for a job in hospitality industry. It is well known that your appearance matters in that field. And I intend to upload a photo image along with CV and motivation letter files (there is a web form on employer website). Would that be appropriate to mention that fact in CV or motivation letter? I've looked through some examples and templates of cover letters, and sometimes there are lines like this one "Further information about my career path can be found in the attached CV..."

So my question is - would that be appropriate to use a note like this in my CV or motivation letter, explaining the presence of photo image? And if it would how would you say it?

Thank you in advance.

The Dude

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I think it would be appropriate, IF it was a good photo.;-) Ask a friend.

Just tell them there's a photo of you attached to the CV. Simple!

fermerius

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Latvia
Current Location
Latvia
How do you think where is it better to notice about the image ? CV or Cover Letter ?

fermerius

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Latvia
Current Location
Latvia
The Dude, could you please, give me some example ? I have problem explaining, that I attached a photo of myself because I find it crucial in that industry. Below is what I came up with, would you mind to help me out with this ? Sentence just doesn't feel right.

More detailed information can be found in the attached CV, I also enclosed a photo image of me, as I think it is important in hospitality industry.

The Dude

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
That sentence is pretty good - just put 'enclosed' into the present perfect (have also enclosed).

If your application is online, then you can't enclose something - that would only be appropriate if it was enclosed within a letter. Online items are all 'attached', as far as I know. In this case it would just be acceptable to use 'attached' twice, but no more than that. So use 'have also attached' if you're doing this online.

Use 'myself' instead of 'me' as it's more personal here.

For the last phrase, I would prefer: 'as I feel you may find this useful'. But if you really want to use what you've written, put 'the' before 'hospitality industry'.

fermerius

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Latvia
Current Location
Latvia
Thanks a lot!

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I just want to confirm that this is not a letter intended for a US audience. This would be completely inappropriate here. If you are not applying for anything related to a US company, then ignore this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.