Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello! I need your help=).. I have to write my coursework in linguistics.. And topic is about invective(or taboo words). And one of the subtopic of this work is to analyse languages of different subcultures.. But i cannot find anything ((.. Please, could you help me?.. For example: faf = funny as f*ck, lpb = low ping bastard (gamer sl).. Thx..

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello! I need your help=).. I have to write my coursework in linguistics.. And topic is about invective(or taboo words). And one of the subtopic of this work is to analyse languages of different subcultures.. But i cannot find anything ((.. Please, could you help me?.. For example: faf = funny as f*ck, lpb = low ping bastard (gamer sl).. Thx..
Invective is not 'taboo words'. What is the topic of your assignment? What is the question you are asked to address? (Not "What is your assignment about?")

Elya

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Thank you for answer!!! The topic is called "Structural and pragmatic peculiarities of invectives in english lyrics(notably song texts)... Yes,invectives are not "taboo", but some words and expressions sound very roughly.. And i guess, they can be sometimes classified as ""taboo".. And one of the subtopic of work is to analyse language of different subcultures...Honestly, i don`t think that this information is very necessary. But my supervisor asked me to add these information to broaden work.. Thanks!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thank you for answer!!! The topic is called "Structural and pragmatic peculiarities of invectives in english lyrics(notably song texts)... Yes,invectives are not "taboo", but some words and expressions sound very roughly.. And i guess, they can be sometimes classified as ""taboo".. And one of the subtopic of work is to analyse language of different subcultures...Honestly, i don`t think that this information is very necessary. But my supervisor asked me to add these information to broaden work.. Thanks!

I see. Well that certainly makes things clearer.
Yes, taboo words can be used in invective; but invective doesn't require them.
I don't listen to many contemporary songs, and I wouldn't know "faf, lpb" if fell over them. Are they real?

Elya

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
"faf, lpb" don`t belong to musical slang (so to say).. This expressions are common among gamers,they use them very often.. At least, i have never seen this epressions in songs.. So..i think the best way out is to talk to my supervisor=)Thanks that you responded on my question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.