[Essay] Please Mark my LPI Essay (Thank you very much~)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopctam

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Canada
Why you have chosen your present career path?

Nowadays, we have a rich and diverse array of career paths to choose. When I migrated to Canada, I decided to have a change in my life so I chose to be a financial advisor in the investment industry. This is a very challenging career because I have an opportunity for personal development because I work closely with people. I have to continue my education to be a licensee. Moreover, I also have an opportunity to create myself.

As a financial advisor, I have to work closely with people. In order to earn the trust from others, I have to improve my personality. After these many years, I have become a good listener. I am empathy and patient. I look things at their perspective. I am more caring and less self-centered. Because of these personal developments, I have a lot of friends and referrals from my clients.

I have to write a lot of examinations to become a licensee in this industry. After graduation for almost twenty years, I was so scared and worried to pick up the books again. I had written more than fifteen examinations in the past 10 years. I find that it is a very good exercise for my brain because I have to memorize a lot of information. Because of the continuous professional updates and studies, I am confident with my recommendation to my clients and I will not be panic when they ask me questions. Thus, I believe that learning leads to success.

Working as a financial advisor, I can create myself because this career provides me the time freedom. I arrange the working hours by booking appointments with clients at my convenience. Therefore, I have time to develop my personal interest in art. When I paint, I am very relaxed and concentrated so this is a very good way for me to release my stress from work. I like this career because it gives me an opportunity of finding myself if I arrange my working hours wisely.

In conclusion, I am happy that I have chosen to be a financial advisor because I am not just earning my livings, I also have an opportunity for personal development, education development and creating myself.

jopctam

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Canada
Thanks for your comments and prompt reply. I have just posted another essay, please take a look when you have time. Please give me some feedback, so that I can improve my writing skills and be well-prepared for the LPI. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.