Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
hai to all experts

i would like to bring ur attention to a issue of phonetic,
it is quite stressful for me when taching phonetic as the strees has varities interm of form.
For example, majority of english noun has a stress at the first syllbes ( by considering words have more than one syllbes)?

Any ideas to this?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
hai to all experts

i would like to bring ur attention to a issue of phonetic,
it is quite stressful for me when taching phonetic as the strees has varities interm of form.
For example, majority of english noun has a stress at the first syllbes ( by considering words have more than one syllbes)?

Any ideas to this?

Yes, if you give your status as English Teacher, you should try to write in proper English. Learners here count on that.

Yes, you're right that English tends to put the stress on the first syllable, as do most (?all) Germanic/Teutonic languages, and as opposed to Romance languages like Spanish and Italian and French.

Really, I think your best plan to become a better teacher (in this respect, and probably in others) is to learn better English yourself. There's no easy solution.

Frank Antonson

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"i would like to bring ur attention to a issue of phonetic,"

What you mean is "I would like to bring your attention to a phonetic issue."

What you wrote is quite easy to understand, but there are some mistakes in it. I would say that you should simply be careful to write as standard English as possible on this forum. Some kind of spell check might help. It would have caught "ur".

Don't be discouraged. Your question was a valid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.