Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello everyone.
I have small dilemma about vocabulary books. I hope you can give me some advice what to choose. I am taking into consideration two books "English vocabulary in Use" one pre-intermediate&intermediate, second upper-intermediate&advance.

I don't know which book should I choose. I think my level of english is intermediate. I don't want to spent to much time learning words which I already know, but on the other had I am affraid of words which are to hard to learn in my current level.

What do you think, which book should be better.
Thanks in advance

Michal

magdalena

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Both these books are accompanied by test-books so that you can check how well you learned your vocab, they are called 'Test your English Vocabulary in Use'. I think you should go to a bookshop, grab test books from both levels, do a few tests from each and this way you will see which one is more suitable for you. I would choose the level at which I scored about 40-60% because it would mean it is my level and I needed a to work a bit longer on it. If it is 80%, go higher. Hope it helps.

magdalena

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I can tell you that vocabulary in these books is rather detailed so for example in upper under food you will have different types of fish:) maybe it's worth checking up pre-inter first:)

misiek_b

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
hi,
Recently I've looked through a few chapters of "English vocabulary in Use pre-inter". Most of words were already known for me, so I suppose I will spend some time with the upper level.

PS. For sure I will skip parts like different types of fish ;-)

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.